cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account retrieval error code

Jennihi12355
Tuning in

Hi i received my new tv box and WiFi hub yesterday . Ive been trying to set it up today after receiving a text to say it was all ready to use. 

I'm getting error code CS1011 ( we can’t seem to find your account details . Please call customer service ) . 

so I called customer service and was told there are problems with the on demand services at them moment etc  and that this would be dealt with in the next 1-2 hours . 
This has now passed and still no tv service at all just this error code . Any help would be greatly appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Jennihi12355 

There have been a few issues with activations for new customers and customers receiving new equipment since the nationwide outage yesterday.

Systems should all be up and running properly tomorrow so the activation should go through then.

If it doesn't I suggest calling  0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Jennihi12355 

There have been a few issues with activations for new customers and customers receiving new equipment since the nationwide outage yesterday.

Systems should all be up and running properly tomorrow so the activation should go through then.

If it doesn't I suggest calling  0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you . Fingers crossed it’s up and running tomorrow. I have already called the number to activate so thank you for that suggestion too . 
I wasn’t sure if it was linked to the other issues others were having due to the error code . 
thanks again for your help

Hi Jennihi12355

Quick message to see how things are with the services

Fingers crossed its all online now 

Gareth_L

Hi there ,

managed to get it all sorted on the following day . Hoping to have the first two days no use recredited to the account . Thanks for the help

Great to hear Jennihi12355,

Thanks for letting us know 🙂

Alex_Rm