Menu
BilpaBromai
Just joined
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Account disconnected

Hi I don't know if this is the right place. I am going to be moving soon to a new home. As yet the property is having some major works and it was due to be ready from the 12th but I didn't have an exact date. As it goes I notified Virgin and told them I didn't have an exact date but wanted to know what i would need to do. So I was switched off on the 12th service activated at the new place and haven't been able as yet to get switched back on at my current address despite numerous calls...any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account disconnected

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, BilpaBromai,

Sorry to hear that you have been having connection issues with the service. However it does sound like you will need to speak with the Moving and Transfers team as we are unable to handle moving queries within the forums. You can reaching the movers team by webchat here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/moving-home-faqs

If you are needing your current address reconnecting they will also be able to help you at the above  link

Thanks,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Don't give any person or account details to anyone without the VM logo/rank even if they say they work for Virgin Media.

Thanks
'I'm a millionaire that works for MI5 so you can trust me'

0 Kudos
Sam_p2
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I will direct message you shortly. I will need some details to access your account and then can assist. 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Northstar100
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Are you saying Twisted Raver isn't a Virgin manager?

0 Kudos
Sam_p2
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I can confirm that he is a line manager in the West Midlands

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

i'm saying that they are not a verified VM staff member here. they could be anyone.They could be a scammer. I woudn't give them anything until they are verified.

VM staff all have the forum Teamrank under theirname like this.

Screenshot 2021-04-22 at 18.54.31.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Sam_p2then he needs his account verifying before anyone should trust it.
Everyone has to do their part to protect accounts from scammers.

Any VM employee should be trained in DPA so should understand this and shouldn't be asking for details before having the forum rank.

this means anyone can say they are a VM staff member and get account info. That's dangerous.
While i trust you @ModTeam@Kev_B  needs to verify the account first

Sam_p2
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, the request has already gone to the team and hopefully they will get this updated asap

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

its normally a pretty fast process 🙂
0 Kudos