cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account activation

Jordan1996
On our wavelength

Hi all,

I’ve just joined Virgin after moving house last week and I opted for the quick start install, however upon checking the property out the cable terminated in the wrong room (in the bedroom, but we obviously wanted it in the living room), so an engineer came and sorted that out for us.

By the time the engineer arrived, we hadn’t received our router/TV box due to a delay with Yodel, and so the engineer left the kit that he had on the van to get us going. We had to call Virgin to get the TV box activated as their system was expecting a different serial number.

That’s all sorted now and we’ve been using the service since Tuesday. However I’m unable to login to any of the apps, presumably because the system thinks we haven’t activated our allocated equipment yet. I’ve also had an email asking if I’m having trouble activating the equipment, which suggests that the system thinks I’m not activated yet.

Is anybody able to advise how to go about getting my account setup correctly so that I’m able to login to the various Virgin apps?

P.S. I’ve requested that the equipment that Yodel didn’t deliver is returned to sender - so once the apps are working I’ll be all sorted.

8 REPLIES 8

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jordan,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear you have been having issues with the activation of the equipment and using apps.

I have been able to locate your account with the details we have for you and I cannot see any issues, have the services now been successfully activated or are you still facing the same issues?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

I’ve just tired again and yes it’s still saying the same thing.

The error that I get when logging into Virgin TV Go is “sorry - this isn’t available… oops - the service isn’t available at the moment. Try again in a few minutes.”

But it affects all the other Virgin apps too.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Did you call the activation number?

0800 953 9500

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Jordan1996
On our wavelength

Yep - I called the activation number once the engineer had left (the engineer got the broadband up and running but he left the TV on the update screen and said it could potentially take 15 minutes - but eventually it failed to get the account details since VM was expecting a different serial number than the one I had).

When calling the activation line it would just say it was unable to activate and then transfer me to a human - we got everything sorted (I had to give them the new serial number of the TV box that the engineer had left.

The email I got the other day from Virgin was saying that I hadn't activated my equipment which is what makes me think that Virgin is still expecting that equipment to be used?

I'm not sure if it's relevant, but when I log into my VM account online it's showing that I'm no longer a Virgin Media customer (I used to be with Virgin but I left and came back) - but the account looks dormant on there (and it's definitely the correct account that I've logged into)

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I think you will need a VM staff person on here to look into your account again.  They may not be able to change accounts but should at least be able to advise. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jordan1996, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your account. I'd like to take a closer look into it and see what we can do to help - please get back to me via PM (the purple envelope) and we'll take it from there.

Tom 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to me & letting us know this is sorted now @Jordan1996

If there's anything else we can help with please let us know.

Tom