Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Access Denied? Hub 3.0 Internet not working

Hi. We’ve just signed up to VM broadband for our new home, and we took delivery of our new VM hub 3.0 yesterday... and it doesn’t work. Logging into the hub, the internet says “access denied”. Any ideas?

Getting hold of anyone at VM has proved to be impossible. We’ve reset the router about 100 times, changed it to modem mode and back about 5 times. Reset it a few more times. And now we’re pretty fed up because the “access denied” would suggest the issue is with VM, not us. Maybe a cabinet switch not done, or something like that? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Access Denied? Hub 3.0 Internet not working

have you activated it - wont work if not - some come activated but not all - what colour is the base light on the hub and is it flashing

0800 953 9500 to activate

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I believe I’ve been through the activation process... but maybe I’m wrong! How do you activate it? We received a text from virgin to say it was ready.

Its a black hub, and the light is a constant amber / yellow (not white)

thanks. Luke 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Try contacting New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That is 150 from a Virgin landline options 1,1,1 and 4 or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, options 1,1,2 and 4.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I’ve tried every single option on the line in order to actually speak to someone, but it’s impossible. No one is answering any line. I’ve also done the “bot” chat online and it got handed over to a human, but no one actually picked up the conversation

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lukejames100, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

I've tried to locate your account to see if this has been sorted for you since you posted but I'm afraid I've been unable to do so. 

Are you still having this issue now?

If so please let me know and we can help further. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos