cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

86002 Trying to charge for reply

Mikeeeeee
Joining in

Received a text saying I need to reply to the text to confirm I will be in for a engineer visit on Friday, when I try to reply in being told it is going to charge me to send the message. 

I arranged this appointment so I don't see why I need to pay to send a message just confirm an already agreed upon appointment. & why your choosing a number that is going to charge me in just to confirm this appointment. 

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Can you not do this by logging into your online VM account and going to the appointments section?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I know it’s the principle of thing, but if you actually cost up your time writing about it I would expect it to be more than the cost of the text.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Actually... does anyone still pay to send a text? I dont know anyone who has done so for years. 

Just wondering... apologies to the OP if their plan still charges.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mikeeeeee

Thanks for posting on our community forum and a big warm welcome with this being your first post.

You shouldn't need to pay to confirm the appointment if you're on a normal mobile plan, if you're a customer of ourselves you certainly wouldn't need to pay at all to confirm this.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sorry to ressurect an old post, but "You shouldn't need to pay to confirm the appointment if you're on a normal mobile plan"

Yes this is completely what I would expect on Virgin Mobile (1GB + Unlimited mins) . It's incorrect, however:

Rip_Off_Britain_01.PNG

Hey BBDomo, thank you for reaching out and sending this screenshot over.

This is a charge to a number which is not included in your allowance unfortunately.

This is classed as a premium text.

You can stop this from happening in the future by logging into your online account and putting the spend cap to zero. Thanks  

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

spell
Knows their stuff

Which transparently side steps the purpose of the original post apart from confirming that VM are directing the OP to send a 'premium text' when it is not required and/or not charged