Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

7400 Error Code Since Installation 27/10/20

Hello, we've had a problem with our TV box since it was installed on the 27th October. It started out showing two error codes, M63 and 7400. The M63 error code has been resolved, but we still only have two channels and they both show a 7400 error code.

I’ve tried to phone to speak to someone about the issue, but the call centre message says it's closed due to coronavirus and refers callers to the faults section of the website. I've visited that site several times to try and run a system test. Unfortunately, it just takes me to an error message that says ‘Oops, something’s broken- This part of the site isn't working at the moment, but it'll be up and running again soon’. This has been the case since I started trying on the 28th October.

I’ve noticed two strange things in our settings and I wonder if they might be relevant. Our account status is listed in System Info as 22: Staging. Also, when resetting our box to see if that would help, I saw that it’s listed in our settings as a Tivo box, but it's a V6.

I'd be very grateful if anyone could help resolve this. Everything I've tried to do so far sends me in circles, which is getting very frustrating. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 7400 Error Code Since Installation 27/10/20

7400 means the box hasnt been activated. If you send me a private message with your details i will take a look for you.
Hope this helps

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Rising star
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

7400 means it's needing activated. You should be able to get through to the technical team by calling 150(0345 454 1111) and choosing options (1)1,2,2.

(1) is optional depending on contacting via mobile which is attached to your VM. 

e: John volunteered to do it quicker 🙂

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This is now resolved for the customer 🙂

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for fixing this, Jon!

0 Kudos