cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

73 days delayed connection!! Still awaiting compensation! Shockingly poor customer service!

zemo
Joining in

Hi All,

I am having issues with Virgin Media customer support who promise the world but deliver ultimately nothing.

I will start by giving you a log of what has happened so far:

Initial contract sign up
28th June 2022 -Signed contract  with sales team.  
With a promised installation date of Saturday 23 July - 8am – 1pm

06 July -  Engineer visits and Site Survey is completed

Second Installation date
20 July receive an email stating the activation of my services is delayed and entitled to compensation at £5.25 per day until installed.
Original Installation date of 23rd July now cancelled by Virgin media
New date is
Friday 05th August 8am – 1pm

Third Installations date
02nd August receive another email stating the activation of my services is delayed and entitled to compensation at £5.25 per day until installed.
Installation date of 5th August is now cancelled by Virgin media
with a new date of Saturday 20th August 8am – 1pm

Fourth Installation date
19th August receive another email stating the activation of my services is delayed and entitled to compensation at £5.25 per day until installed.
Installation date of 20th August is now cancelled by Virgin media
with a new date of 3rd October t 8am – 1pm

26th September all external work completed

Monday 3rd October 8am – 1pm – was upheld and the services were installed.

Compensation is due from 23rd July to 3rd October including the install day
73 Days Compensation due @ £5.25 per day = £383.25. 
I there referee are also due £50 each which we have still not received.

Just to be clear, the reason for the delays was on Virgin Media and 3rd parties not detailing the work or booking in the correct teams.

To date I have spent over 25 hours on the phone to Virgin media sorting their mess out, for some reason there is never a manager available and to date no manager has ever rung me back. Its an absolute joke! I have also made formal complaints on the phone but unsure if these complaints go anywhere. 

I have kept a log of calls, times and conversations with everyone I have spoke to.

Can someone please advise what I need to do next?
I really do not have the energy to call Virgin Media and there is no mention of an email address on their website.

I know they are in breach of Ofcom rules as well so that is an avenue I need to explore too.

1 REPLY 1

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @zemo 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the Automatic Compensation dispute.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill