cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 week delay for installation?

sloncek
Joining in

Hi Forum Team,

I ordered my broadband package back on 18 April and was supposed to have it installed last week. I just got a series of emails and text messages saying that this is being pushed back.

The last email says my installation date is now in early July - delayed by 6 weeks.

Is anyone able to check the reason behind this?

Many thanks,

J

18 REPLIES 18

LFount
Just joined

Hi,

I've had the exact same issue! Almost down to the exact same timeline!

I've spoken to Virgin Media Customer Services and they've said that it's because of construction work required in my road (even though our neighbours all use Virgin Media including our landlord!)

It might be worth calling them to see if there are any notes on your account and if there's anything they can do in the meantime.

Good luck! 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Very likely that they need to dig the street to clear a blockage for a new cable pull. This needs approval from your local council who often wade through treacle on these things - 6 weeks is just an estimate - depends on your council and VM then scheduling contractors for the digging - and then their own teams for the cable pull and then the install. It can drag on !

As said... that often shows on your account notes with a somewhat cryptic " NaNaNaNa" statement.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @sloncek,

Thank you for reaching out to us on here.

I am sorry for the delay on getting this actioned and viewed.

I saw your twitter post, I will send you a private message now so I can investigate this further for you.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thank you Hayley.

I have replied to your private message.

Looking forward to hearing back once you check with the relevant teams.

Hi Hayley,

I just spoke to the construction team's support desk on 03330005925

They're saying that the footpath (and maybe the road) outside the house needs to be dug up (approx. 3m in length) to install a cable tee.

Fingers crossed this work can actually take place as promised.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for telling me this information @sloncek!

Least we know why this has been delayed now.

Please do keep me updated with everything as we go.

I hope you have a lovely day.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
It will progress at the speed that your local council approves the work and notifies it on their website (have a look and see if it has been yet), then they inform VM who then have to contact 3d party construction teams to do the digging and then VM schedule their cable pull team and finally schedule their final installation team.

You can easily spot where things can go pear shaped.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Is anyone able to give a rough idea of when I can expect to see a phone icon on the map at https://one.network/ ?

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sloncek wrote:

Is anyone able to give a rough idea of when I can expect to see a phone icon on the map at https://one.network/ ?

Depends on the council. Some put literally everything on there, some just the bigger work.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks