Menu
tneiman
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

6 month delay on installation

Hi, 

I am out of ideas, we are now 6 months from out initial install date and the install has been delayed yet again this time due to some issue with the cable. We moved house and decided to get Virgin Fibre but have effectively been without internet relying on mobile data since we moved in. 

I tried raising a complaint (via their web form) but have heard nothing back from the complaints department and any one I talk to on the phone just offers to send an email as they are awaiting the latest update from XYZ team/contractor.

We are mid terrace and our neighbors have virgin services so not exactly a tricky install. Annoyingly virgin fiber is our only option for decent internet speeds at the local BT network is rubbish. 

Any ideas what I can do to unblock this and actually get progress?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 6 month delay on installation

Wait on here for a week or so and a VM staff member should pick this up and get the information you need.  If not you can always try calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "thinking of leaving" then “technical issues” – (They are open Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and on Saturday from 8am - 6pm. - 08.01 is best!) you have a better chance of getting a UK call centre (it might still be a 30’+ wait though) who will be more understanding and helpful.  Tell them you are planning to cancel your installation and move to BT because of these problems - and they will give you best information and/or try and sort it for you as it’s their job to keep customers.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 6 month delay on installation

Hi tneiman, 

Welcome to our forums! 

Sorry to hear you've been having delays with your install. Hope our team have been able to resolve this for you since your post, if not please let us know.

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos