Menu
ChrisM86ad
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

5ghz bandwith keeps dropping out

I am having an issue where my 5ghz bandwith keeps dropping out the 2ghz is still working but I need the 5ghz connection has anyone else experienced something similar or has any suggestions to resolve.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 5ghz bandwith keeps dropping out

Are you getting any error messages about "security" "passwords WPA/WEP", etc ? The SH2 can develop that bug later in life.  If not you could always try a pinhole reset to factory settings and see if that clears it.
I have my SH2 in modem mode and take care of my wifi needs with my own kit.. and it is flawless.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
ChrisM86ad
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No error messages the connection just drops in and out.

@jbrennand wrote:

Are you getting any error messages about "security" "passwords WPA/WEP", etc ? The SH2 can develop that bug later in life.  If not you could always try a pinhole reset to factory settings and see if that clears it.
I have my SH2 in modem mode and take care of my wifi needs with my own kit.. and it is flawless.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ChrisM86ad, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry you're having some issues with the broadband, please let me know if this is still an issue and I can take some details from you to investigate further.

Kind regards, 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
ChrisM86ad
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The 5ghz just doesn't work at all now.

@Alex_RM wrote:

Hi ChrisM86ad, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry you're having some issues with the broadband, please let me know if this is still an issue and I can take some details from you to investigate further.

Kind regards, 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me,

I've popped you over a private message (little purple envelope in the top right hand corner) so I can get a few details from you.

Many thanks,

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos