cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 weeks and still waiting for installation

centrum
Joining in

Hello Community,

i made an order with virgin media online on 20th May 2021. i was given installation date of 02nd and 3rd June. which never took place. after going back and forth with customer services and pre-installation team who are based somewhere overseas. they had no info why the service didnt get installed. then someone found out that pre-pull cable from street is not taken out to the house.then we got rebooked for following week. appointments kept on moving on daily basis and with no installation taking place. finally after long chats and support team talk i was given 29th June installation date. Engineer turned up 6pm. when he came he said he cannot do the installation as pre-pull cable is not done by who ever need to do that. i was assured that i will have installation done guaranteed by 29th June and nothing got done.

Today they have re-booked me for 19th July 3 weeks from now when my current broadband has already expired and i am without internet from today. I have been told that it will  be done on 19th July with no guarantee as they still have not taken the cable out of the street.

i am not sure how much worst this can get. can someone advise it is standard process with virgin installation?

i am currently without net and no clear help from virgin call centers on any progress.

Hope someone can help out here may be.........

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Do you have the online account set up yet - if so - is there any info/notes on there that may give a clue to what is going on?

Such delays can often be due to blocked ducts that require VM to notify/get permission from your local council to dig the roads or pavements - and that can take weeks or months depending on how efficient your council is

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

They don't seem to know that needs to be done. they keep telling me that external work is already done when it is not. there is no coordination between area manager team and the call centers. they just make excuses about covid restrictions.

Where do i find the notes in the virgin media login as i dont see any notes?

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @centrum

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us. 

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with us, this is not the level of service we aim to provide and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I've managed to locate your account and I can see the Area Field Manager has been contacted for an update on when the pre-pull will take place, have you had any updates on this from the team since posting? If not, I'll happily chase this up for you so we can provide some clarity on the situation. 

Let us know 🙂 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Dear Sofia,

There is still no clarity. i was given a new date since 29th June no show. New dates was 19th July which is now changed to 30th July and 02nd August. which of course is not surety will actually happen. no one has contacted me regarding the pre-pull. i am already without internet services for 4 days now. There is no collaboration between pre-install team and area team. no one know what is happening and when it is happening.

Try to imagine 4 days without internet in your house with 2 kids. I will appreciate if this can be installed in the coming week as not sure how long we can go on without the services.

Not sure if anything is happening on Monday 05th.

i have been promised 4 times call back and have been assure emails are sent and i should get a response in 24hrs but that call or email never came to me....

Hope you can look in to this for me.

Regards,

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for coming back to us @centrum

I'm so sorry to hear this, I can only imagine how frustrating the lack of updates has been and we apologise. 

I'm going to send you a PM to get some more details and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide