cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 months and waiting

nointernetforme
Joining in

Moved to a new property in early November 2021 and carried virgin over from my old property. Was suppose to have it installed on the 22nd November 2021 however I think I’m on the 7th missed appointment now! The next one will be next week, even though they have assured me and promised me it will go ahead then, I’ve told them it won’t, can I escalate this any higher as it’s getting beyond a joke. Yes my credit is building up from the missed appointments but I want internet!

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Have you been given any explanation about what is causing the delay (such as the infamous 'external work' explanation)?

After 5 months of waiting, does VM really have any intention of completing your installation any time soon?

Yes apparently something to do with external works, which is odd as the majority of the street have VM.

I have had many phone conversations with people assuring me it will be carried out on the date given, even have the bloke come to install it into the property and he asks where’s the cable is, and I say you tell me!

One week I rang every day before the given installation date, they told me the cable would be installed from the street to the property every day I rang, it wasn’t.

For a communication company they don’t communicate very well!

External works is a bit of a 'catch all' for all sorts of stuff needs to be done first and it hasn't been, they aren't lying, stuff does have to be done 'externally' before you can be connected up - the problem is actually getting it done.

Frustratingly the people you speak to at VM customer services don't actually know, nor have the ability to find out, what the actual situation is, all of the various stages are outsourced and VM seem to have no insight into what their contractors are actually doing, or not doing. The screen in front of them simply says that x work is due to be done today and, basically that's all they know and can tell you. When and if the contractors fail to actually do it, all, that happens is that an automated system rolls the date on by a day.

As to why VM persist with such an arrangement, I'll leave to the reader to decide?

I believe the current known period for a delayed installation is a little over a year, so you basically have a way to go to make the Guinness Book for Records.

In the meantime, what are you doing for internet access now? Let's be honest, you probably need to be looking at alternative providers now.

Hi nointernetforme, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us although I am sorry to hear about the circumstances you have joined us under. 

Delays can happen when external work is required but usually this is resolved within 6-8 weeks unless of course there are further complications. 

We can certainly take a look at our systems to see where we're at with things, give you the latest update and also raise a complaint to go over to the install teams if one isn't already noted. 

I'll just need to confirm some information with you and pass data protection first. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

nointernetforme
Joining in

Just thought I’d update this. Today I finally had my installation, 6 months from my first install date.

Thanks for the update nointernetforme,

We're really pleased to hear your installation has finally taken place after 6 long months of waiting for this to happen.

We can only apologise for any distress and inconvenience caused due to this matter. 

You can now relax and enjoy your services.

If you have any further issues, please come back to us through this channel.

Kind regards Jodi.