cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 Months without Installation and without any communication

t0ji
On our wavelength

I ordered my service in November 2020 and I am still without any services. 

My initial installation date of 13th December 2020 was cancelled the night before, the subsequent installation date of 6th February 2020 was cancelled ON THE DAY. Both due to the same reasons that pre-installation work has not occurred. You would have thought someone would have noticed a week or so prior?

I have spent hours on the phone with Virgin Media, being transferred between teams (often to the wrong department) without any updates. Pre Installation Team say it's an issue with Construction, Construction Team chuck me back saying it's Minor Works and tell me I need to inform a Pre Installation Team Manager to contact a Field Area Manager to reschedule.

On numerous occasions the Pre Installation Team have refused to let me speak to a manager and instead said they have emailed the Field Area Manager who will be in touch. Nearly two months of repeated phonecalls to Virgin Media and not once has a Field Area Manager gotten in touch with me. 

Recently I got fed up of false promises from the Pre Installation Team and instead tried to speak to a Customer Service representative to liaise with the different departments to get work rescheduled again. The first time, after being on hold numerous times (no problem if the agent is working on my case, I understand it's needed) I was disconnected and not called back. I rang again later and specifically provided my mobile number in case of disconnection. The agent wanted to pass me onto Pre Installation again, which I refused as I should not have to project manage Virgin Media's Pre Installation and Construction departments. After being on hold, I believe I was purposefully disconnected as I did not get a call back.

I have written this all as a formal complaint C-2503212330 in which it informed me I will be contacted within 48 hours....that was last week.

I tried to locate the complaint via the website so I could copy and paste it here but it does not allow me to look at open complaints. Instead I spoke to someone on chat who said they read my complaint but could not share details of it. I took the opportunity to try to get that agent to help me with my problem, again I was told to call three different departments, Pre Installation, Construction  & Sales to coordinate between Virgin Media. Why should the customer have to play chinese whispers between Virgin Media departments?

This is an absolutely appalling way to treat a customer. Please can someone get in touch with me to take ownership of this issue because as of 6th February I have no idea what is going on and there has been ZERO communication. I am sick and tired of spending hours on the phone only to be told the same false promises of a call back by a FAM or being disconnected by Customer Services.

I am also aware that Virgin will need to pay credits for each day my broadband has not been installed since December 13th - so if Virgin are trying to push me to the edge to make me give up and cancel my order, I absolutely will not.

27 REPLIES 27

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi t0ji, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board although I can only apologise for the issues you are currently having trying to get an update on your installation delay. 

In order to help you with this further, we are going to need to access your account and then we'll be discussing account specific information so we will need to move this conversation to a private chat to allow me to pass through data protection with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

t0ji
On our wavelength

2 months on from my initial post and I am still without an installation date. It has now been 7 months.

Kath has provided updates on my case which I am thankful for, but the last update I had was a month ago. I have been updated on the fact that VM had to arrange an additional visit as the first photos were not sufficient. I was then told that after the job had been submitted for financial approval, this was rejected by the costing team as the request was missing vast amounts of information. Since then I have had no reply.

When I was first contacted I had thought my services would be up and running for the Euros, I guess giving VM an additional 2 months to sort this issue was being too optimistic.

Can this be escalated to someone that can secure a new installation date please. It is getting absurd.

Hi t0ji,

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I am sorry to hear you've not had a reply. I have checked this for you and the team have liaised with the construction team for further work needed. This process can take 6-8 weeks so we are still in that timeframe. 

The complaint is with the construction team also, so when there is an update on that, you will be contacted. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

t0ji
On our wavelength

Hi John,

Is that 6-8 weeks from my purchase date of 30th Nov 2020, or the last installation date of 6th Feb 2021, or from when I first posted on the forum on 31st Mar 2021?

That timeline has passed for each date.

Thanks for coming back to me. That's the time when we last reached out to the team. 

I appreciate less than ideal but the team will be in touch with you when they have an update.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

t0ji
On our wavelength

John,

Who is being held accountable here? Obviously they can't reset that 6-8 week counter each time you reach out to them for an update?

I am in the same boat I have been for the last 7 months, being told someone will contact me with an update which never seems to happen.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @t0ji 

It is virgin media as a company that is accountable for the issues that you have been experiencing

Once again we are sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

t0ji
On our wavelength

Hi Zak,

As another week has passed, would you be able to provide an update from the Construction Team as to what their next steps are and a timescale? Have they submitted a new request to the Cost Approval team?

I assume their new 6-8 week period has also expired.

I look forward to your response.

Toj

Hi t0ji,

Thank you for coming back to us, I have had a kook into this for you and can see we are waiting for the construction team to come back with a update, the issue is the duct that we feed the cabling through on the property is either missing or collapsed, this type of thing will require construction work and will need a permit from the local council, once they have a update someone will contact you directly, we are sorry for the continued rescheduling and any inconvenience this is causing.

Regards

Paul.