cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G backup dongle

Vbiz
Joining in

I seem to be having difficulty with the 4G backup dongle setup. I have received a new dongle and SIM and found out that the SIM needed to be registered for it to work!

With the dongle connected to the router, it continuously flashes green (fast). I have contacted customer services (orders team) 4 times and each time they say that this is normal?

The setup instructions state that is should be blue? The customer services team say that the dongle will only connect during fall-back when the fibre connection is down. This doesn't seem right as the dongle should always be registered to the mobile network? The fast green flashing LED indicates that it isn't.

I'm getting quite frustrated, especially when I am told that a request has been sent to the back office team to resolve on multiple occasions and that someone will E-mail to confirm. This never happens 😩

Also, it seems nobody checks the spelling and grammar of the text on equipment labels and instructions that go out. The new USB dongle bases have an error on the label!

4G dongle USB base label4G dongle USB base label

4 REPLIES 4

VMCopperUser
Wise owl

Business customer?  Perhaps you could just disconnect the coax from the modem and see if the backup comes online?

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Vbiz 

This forum is for residential customers and unfortunately has no links to VM business or systems.

Contact details for VM business are on the followng page. (screenshot below)

https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/help-and-advice/get-in-touch/contact-us/ 

vm businessvm business

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Vbiz,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

As has been explained by the other community forum users in this thread, we'd only be able to assist with residential accounts and customers here. For a Virgin Media Business account and services you'd need to speak with them directly.

You can find all of their contact information here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

starm4n
Just joined

None of the setup guidance includes the fact that it needs to be registered: so frustrating.

In the interests of helpfulness(some of us are business and personal!), you need to ring 0800 052 0800 then option 2 - you're looking for the 'order management team', as if this was a first set up.