Menu
onewaysteps
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

4 weeks with a 3 metre by 3 metre pit at front of drive

Home move scheduled for the 1st of October. Changed to the 17th of November. It's now the 24th of November and I've still no internet and also no idea when the pit will be filled. Numerous calls and promises and nothing. If you would have told me you would mess this up I would've have stayed with you. I'm now at a point where I will seek legal advice to have the pit filled with the cost being send you for the workPit in front of drive for 4 weeks so farPit in front of drive for 4 weeks so far

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 4 weeks with a 3 metre by 3 metre pit at front of drive

I'll let VM speak for themselves on when they'll fix this, but in the meantime complain to your local council if this is outside your property boundary.  It's unlikely that VM sought a three week long permit for streetworks, and if they incur penalties for over-running that will help concentrate the company's mind.

0 Kudos
onewaysteps
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Andrew. Feel like I'm getting no where with VM so will do this as well. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
onewaysteps
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

the pit was filled today.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @onewaysteps

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to hear that this was an on going issue.

Now that pit has been filled, have you been able to speak to anyone about your installation? 

Thank you.

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
onewaysteps
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ashley,

I've been informed:

'We can confirm your new installation date is the 8th December 2021 between 8am-1pm'

I was previously informed it would be the 1st of October and then the 17th of November and now the 8th of December. I wait to see what happens now. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Legend
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The new date will be another estimate. Don't rely on it.

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm glad to hear a new date has been set but I am so sorry that you do not feel you can rely on this, though I understand your feelings. 

I'd be happy to take a look into this for you. I will send you a PM now so we can do so. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
onewaysteps
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

with help from Ash job done. It has been explained to me what has happened and how roads or paths might not be able to have the cable fed through due to collapsing. This has been the main issue and delay with this install. It's finally finished. Customer service promises things that didn't happen but a lot is out with there control. Not nice being delayed or told things that don't happen but I understand to a point that they were said with good intentions.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update @onewaysteps

We are glad Ashleigh was able to help resolve this for you. We also apologise for any frustration caused when trying to resolve this.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos