cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 months of pre pull delays

sm127
Joining in

Hey All

Sadly in the same boat. Requested installation on 27th May for installation on 15th June and booked the day off work. Day before (14th June) I'm informed it's been rearranged until 29th June at the very latest. (External cable issue, permit needed from council etc). Called 23rd June to check it was definitely going ahead on 29th June and informed it was. Day before (28th June) at 8.00pm called and informed it's been rearranged until 16th July (Again external cable issue, permit needed from council etc). Have twice requested call backs from a manager, both times I've been informed that a manager will be calling, but am still waiting...

Frankly had I know this was the level of service I could expect, I would have arranged a contract with an alternative provider. My partner cannot move into our house because of the need for internet for work purposes. 

I'm genuinely wondering if 16th July will go ahead, given everything I'm reading here. 

11 REPLIES 11

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

16th July will only happen if your local council has got its act together and approved the digging work that needs to be done. Look on their website where they post details of approval of these works, and the dates - so that local residents are aware and can make arrangements if there is to be disruption.

When that's done Council has to co-ordinate with a 3d party contractor (and VM) for them to do the digging to clear the blockage. When that gets done VM have to schedule their pre-pull team (yours may just be a best "guess" date ) then they have top schedule their installation team.

Its not difficult to see why this sometimes drags on.

TBH - if another hi-speed ISP can connect you now - you should consider doing it. Let the VM installation run its course - it will happen when it happens. When its installed and running to your satisfaction then that is day 0. You have 14 days from that day to just cancel it at no cost to yourself and stick with your new provider - or vice versa.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @sm127

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us. 🙂 

I'm so sorry to hear your pre pull has been delayed numerous times, I can only imagine how frustrating this must be and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

As helpfully advised by @jbrennand, in order to complete the pre-pull we need the local council to confirm the digging work. I've managed to locate your account and I can see the pre-pull is scheduled, but I'll email the Area Field Manager for some clarity on the situation. 

I'll pop another post on this thread once I have an update for you. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi jbrennand

Many thanks for your answer, and the really helpful advice contained. I've been trying to get clarification on all of this, no luck so far, but will keep trying. As you said I may just have to go elsewhere because I can't keeping everything on hold over this. 

Hi Sofia

Thanks for your post. I hope to hear back from you soon. 

Regards

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No worries @sm17. 

I'll be sure to update you once I hear from the AFM, 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi @ Sofia_B

I presume that there has been no update from the Area Service Manager?

Regards

sm17

Hi sm127,

Our apologies for any delayed response. What I will do is reach out to Sofia asking her to reach out to you with any updated information. 

^Martin

Hi Martin / Sofia

So by way of an update, I rang the pre-installation team on Monday, and was told that the cable work was due to take place on Monday. On my online account it confirmed the same. Then I checked online on Tuesday and saw it had changed to Tuesday. I rang pre-installation and was told that it had changed to Tuesday but was definitely due to take place on Tuesday. Checked on Wednesday and it had moved to Wednesday. 

Yesterday evening I got the same dreaded call to say that my installation which was due to take place today, has been cancelled and now rescheduled on 4th August! 

Quite frankly this is beyond a joke. The communication is shocking. I've twice requested a call back from a manager and had nothing back. I've been rescheduled 3 times. At no point has anybody even offered a wifi dongle until this gets sorted which quite frankly is the very least that I should be offered. 

I would sincerely appreciate some kind of update as soon as possible. 

Hi sm127

I can see the dates for the pre pull of the cable and the Installation date 

I am happy to confirm these by a Private message

But |I will need to pass security first 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L