cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 months of pre pull delays

Mandinz
On our wavelength

I have been waiting to have my services installed since December 2020!

Every time I get given an 'installation date' it gets cancelled on the day with a reason of 'the pre pull of the cable hasn't happened' or 'there is a problem in the road that needs fixing'.

Pre-installation team say they can't help me, Construction team say they can't help me.

tempted to start calling the 3rd party contractors directly and see if I can get answers because Customer Services is like getting blood from a stone.

I've raised an official complaint, probably pointless, but I feel out of options.

115 REPLIES 115

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mandinz,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm really sorry to hear of the delay with your installation, I can appreciate the lack of information is very frustrating. 

I've emailed the area manager to see If I can get an answer for you, I'll let you know when I have an update.

Alex_Rm

Mandinz
On our wavelength

Thank you, a van arrived today and managed to open the pit in the road and said there is no reason why the cable pull can not happen.

Mandinz
On our wavelength

We’re hoping the pre installation team will do the cable pull before the 12th...

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mandinz,

Thank you for getting back to us about this issue.

Apologies that it's taking so long for the pre-pull install to take place.

Please keep us updated on the process and let us know if you have any further questions.

We're more than happy to help.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Mandinz
On our wavelength

Hi,

Can the area manager contact the cable pre pull team and get them to attend my property and pull the cable please.

My account just says it's scheduled for today

Mandinz_0-1617785574420.png

but all that will happen is no one will attend and it will roll onto tomorrow, and the next day, and so on, until the 12th April when everything will get cancelled, and rescheduled to May...

Thanks for getting back to us @Mandinz.

I can see you spoke to a member of our team regarding this today.

Were they able to answer all your questions?

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Mandinz
On our wavelength

They just assured me that the prepull will happen before the 12th April, but I'm sorry, I've been assured that numerous times before and it's been cancelled and rescheduled everytime. So getting the 'read from the script' response means nothing.

I want to know when/if the prepull team are coming

I have just checked your account @Mandinz.

I can confirm that the prepull has been scheduled and is due to take place.

Please let us know if the appointment does not take place and we will do our best to help.

Thanks,  

Akua_A
Forum Team

Mandinz
On our wavelength

I know it's been scheduled, but wether they actually come is left to be seen