cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 TV Box Setup

BigGM
Joining in

Hi,

This week I was talked into having a 360 TV box as part of my Virgin package.

At the time of agreeing and ordering it, I did specifically request (see my message thread images) that the box must be able to be completely run over CAT5 cable, and explicitly stated that the Virgin wall box and TV were at diagonally opposite corners of the house so were physically unable to be connected in series, unless it was possible over CAT5 as my home is fully networked.

I was told this would be doable as the box runs over either the coax or network cables. This seems entirely plausible to me, but I just wanted to check first.

the box has arrived and although I can see the Internet via network on it, I see no ‘live’ channels whatsoever and am shown the error CS2004 - “We’re currently unable to show this channel.” Which is displayed on all channels.

I’m sat in a queue for support, but this took over six hours last time and I was wondering if anyone on here can confirm if the sales assistant was talking rubbish, or if I have to fiddle with some config options or what.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

many thanks,

Graham

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Graham,

The 360 box also needs connecting to the VM coaxial cable, which sadly sounds like it's on the opposite side of the room.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/cs2004 

Without the coaxial connection you won't be able to receive the VM cable TV

You can contact VM pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 and arrange an engineer installation so they can relocate the VM wall box for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Graham,

The 360 box also needs connecting to the VM coaxial cable, which sadly sounds like it's on the opposite side of the room.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/cs2004 

Without the coaxial connection you won't be able to receive the VM cable TV

You can contact VM pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 and arrange an engineer installation so they can relocate the VM wall box for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave,

Yes, I had a feeling I knew this to be the case and I expressed my concerns to the sales drone on Monday when he suggested it. Needless to say, he assured me it was doable (presumably his sole objective was to end the call with a salvaged contract of any kind).

Even Virgin customer care aren’t having any of it and have insisted an engineer comes out to verify it is all done correctly, and warned me I will be slapped with £25 “if their equipment is found to be working”. I’ve told them I’m certain it is working, but not in the way their sales drone assured me it would!

The hoops we  have to jump through though….

Many thanks,

Graham 

Oh, and I it’s on the opposite corner of the house, so about 50m of wall and either a front door or a back door and conservatory to get past before it gets to the location of the TV. 

The engineers who installed the line about 10/11 years ago refused to run it all the way to the TV and as I was never intending having the TV I saw no reason to argue. 

Hi BigGM

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank you for your post.

I'm very sorry to hear you were misadvised about how the 360 box connects to our services and how it is set up. I do appreciate how frustrating that must be. We'd really like to help with this.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take a look into this for you.

Thanks,

Beth