cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 months - still not connected

EPicLURcher
Joining in

3 months ago I signed up for VM internet and TV.

Today, I still have not been connected. Apparently there is some preinstall work that needs to be done. I am told every time I contact VM (at least 1x per week) that the preinstall work will be done "Tomorrow"

But of course, it never is

How do I get a proper install date - how do I find out what is blocking the install? I need the connection for work and am unable to do so whilst VM screw me around and disappoint me everyday.

18 REPLIES 18

EPicLURcher
Joining in
Ive also tried to raise complaints via the whatsapp channel and everytime get ignored

It's just about impossible to get a reliable date, but you could try Pre installations 0800 052 1734

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @EPicLURcher 

I see from your post  <<< here >>>  that you've been given the number for the construction team and now have a surveyors appointment tomorrow.

Please update this thread with how you get on as it will help forum staff (and possibly other customers) if a follow up is needed.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi EPicLURcher,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community!

Sorry for the delay with the installation, can I ask has the appointment gone ahead as planned?

If so what has been advised?

Thanks,

Kain

3monthdelay
Joining in

Hi

• I was like you like when I first posted hence my username 3 month delay.  Anyway it's nearly one year and Im still not connected and they have wrongly labelled my house unserviceable!!! All I can say is the very best of luck!!!!!

Not connected, no date for install yet. No update whatsoever from VM. Delays happen - I get that. But VM need to be more transparent as to what is happening / why. Radio silence is not ok!

did it really take them a year to tell you that....

Yep. It really did nearly a year. I know it is hard to believe. I wish I was joking but I'm not.  Like you said they are not transparent.  They do not keep you updated at all. It doesn't matter how many times you call because the call centres abroad just seem to repeat from a script.  Even on this forum I have been told by the virgin media moderators that there is nothing they can do. 

Hi EPicLURcher,

I am very sorry about that and do agree that you should not have been left in the dark.

I've popped you over a private message so I can take some details and help. Please do find my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks

Beth