cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 months plus delays and no internet

Juju17
Joining in

a bit of background. I moved house beginning of january 2022 and had virgin media set up to activate on 6th jan 2022.Initally i was advised that there were some construction issues and the construction guys who i spoke to then advised me as i was the end property of a t junction the virgin wire needed to be pulled 2 metres to my driveway. Well 2 weeks passed and kier contractors put in a duct with an opening at the start of my drive. That was in mid jan, since then i have been given installation date which has been constantly rescheduled and numerous people from construction have been advising that there is x issue or they dont know why certain teams are being called. I have had text messages advising that a site assessor would visit which im pretty sure has not happened. Now we are in mid april and again another delay and now i have been given an installation date which has been end of april. Unfortunately the cabinet is full and when i did have a chance to get sky or bt fibre i made the mistake of believing virgin that the issue would be sorted out. I can not warn anyone enough to avoid virgin and go with an alternative provider if they are advised construction problems etc etc. i have been provided with a dongle which has max speed of 2-4 megs due to poor signal in my area. Virgin has significantly affected our jobs, both me and my wife are doctors, my wife has had to work from home in the end stages of her pregnancies due to covid and due to problems with the internet has had to cancel many of her clinics and i have stopped doing evening and late night clinics which i used to do remotely after work to help out with patient demand. I doubt virgin will have the internet Up and running anytime shortly, i just hope anyone reading in similar situation but earlier on in her nightmare journey will do the right thing and find an alternative provider. 

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A common issue these days... see this

The current VM installation process is badly managed when things arent straightforward. So dont bother chasing it. Let them play their games and let the installation play out. Do nothing. You pay nothing (£0) until a VM connection is installed and activated. And even from then (if it gets that far) you have 14 days in which to cancel - again with no costs. Or keep it if you like it in those 14 days

Can you connect to OR,Sky, BT etc - or a 4G/5G service - perhaps on a 30-day contract? Three and Smarty have a 30day 4G unlimited package for £20 (or less on a deal). If so, do it now and just let the VM install run its course. You will pay nothing until VM's service is installed and operational. When it finally happens, you have 14 days in which to cancel it at no cost to yourself and keep the other service. Or, if VM is working to your satisfaction, keep it and cancel the other service (hence better if you took a 30-day contract).

FYI - Re. VM’s installation issues - see John’s excellent précis of the situation in messssage 18 here…

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Multiple-Failed-Installations-zero-commun...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

JakeDani
Tuning in

Wow literally two nearly identical posts in one night

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/No-installation-after-over-3-months-of-wa...

Good job virgin

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@Juju17

I have a suggestion, it's up to you whether you want to try it.

You could call Virgin Business and see if they can put more urgency into connecting you. They use the same lines and speeds, but with a rather better service and response to faults. It's probably more appropriate for doctors who need a reliable service.  Your call. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks @jpeg1 I will do more enquires about this.

Hi @Juju17,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that there's been some ongoing delays to the installation of your services. I assure you we wouldn't cause any delays if they weren't necessary. I appreciate that it's not ideal, and I apologise, but I'd recommend reaching out to our pre-installation team on 0800 052 1734 so that they can investigate and provide an update on when we expect the next steps will be taken.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!