cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 months later no pre-pull, no internet

jagldn
Joining in

What you would expect to be a simple connection of broadband to our new home, has been absolute hell.

Services ordered on October 2nd, we are still without any internet! As it stands we’re on Day 80 of countless false promises that the services will be installed, an engineer will be sent, a cable will be pulled, an install will happen only for the can to get kicked down the road again. VM customer services have been absolutely useless to date, although seeing some success after complaints on this forum is giving me small hope. I was finally offered to send me a VM SIM card to try and have some sort of broadband in the meantime last week, nothing has arrived.

I've had my installation date pushed back 4 times so far. 1st time and 2nd time there was no explanation; 3rd time it was permit issues (found out via local construction manager); 4th story is currently a blockage a few doors down…

Latest install date given is Jan 10th, but I’ve been told ‘multiple teams’ will need to fix the blockage and pull the cable before then. Nobody can tell me who will do this, or when it will happen (and the cycle repeats)

Have seen other have luck asking to speak to the area manager - if so I’ll try that tomorrow. Any more tips would be much appreciated until I'm up and running.

7 REPLIES 7

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi jagldn,

Really sorry to see this issue for you, thanks for posting on our community.

With our installation process there can be multitude of various issues that can cause a delay however it should never take this long for services to be installed.

Apart from the Jan 10th date you've stated, has there been any more communication with regards to the cable pull?

I'll also send you a PM to grab some further details off you and raise this on your account, with it being over the Christmas I'd have to advise of some delays with myself as I have annual leave booked in nevertheless I will run through all the checks necessary to ensure the installation can go ahead as planned.

Thanks,

Kain

Thanks Kain, appreciate your attempts to help, no other dates or information provided regarding install or the steps to ensure it can happen construction wise.

Understand your note about leave/delays over the Christmas break. To be expected now, although this should have been resolved far sooner.

Will await your PM.

JBe
On our wavelength

Hi jagldn

If it helps a tiny bit, you're not alone

This sounds soooo similar to my issue - check out my posts

I'm still without internet since 24th Nov, with zero confidence in VM.   All could be resolved with a simple call with precise actions and personal follow thru

Seems like they don't have the capacity in customer services to cope with their current processes, especially when subcontractors are involved.

Good luck

Yep - I'm exactly the same. Initial install was scheuled for the 10th October. Had to walk them through the road works, I eventually found the person at VM that deals with Kier and the council and after speaking to them EVERY day, I got that work completed 19th November. The pre-pull was then scheuled for 11th December, and they've never come - it's just rolls in the app. So when I call to check, I get told that they're coming today because it is scheduled today and I just need to wait in until 7pm every day.

The latest - I was on the phone yesterday. They said that as my internal installation on the 18th failed because the pre-pull work wasn't done, they should set a new arbitrary date in the future for that while the pre-pull is sorted out. At the same time, they up-sold me on a new 1gbps connection. I was then assured that someone would do the pre-pull work that day. Obviously no-one called me back, no-one did the work... so now, every time I call up, they say "as your install is scheduled for the 20th Jan someone will do it on or before that date" AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. 

Dealing with customer services every day for the last 3 months literally drove me to tears the other day.

It's a shame that the external work cant be done by a band of workers who are more under the control of Virgin!

JBe
On our wavelength

@prburkis I totally agree - it should be an easy process and certainly not drive anyone to tears.    Dealing with those call centres who clearly have zero ability to escalate when appropriate is incredibly stressful.   

I wish you good luck - try and rise above them 🙂

Hi jagldn, 

Thanks for coming back. 

I can see Kain has popped you the latest information via private message for you. 

If you have any further issues after the install date, please pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs