cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 months and 9 calls and no service

aparikh588
Tuning in

Hi - I have been waiting since October 2021 to get my services.

I have spent over 4 hours on calls with a number of customer service people, false promises, lies about when the technicians are going to show up and yet, absolutely no service. All this nonsense, while £163 has already been debited from my bank account, without even using 1 byte of data given the services haven't started at all. I am on a Volt 1Gig plan, but so far, have received nothing except for the O2 SIM which works okay. Not a single Virgin service is functional. Everything seems to be tied to the broadband service, and since i receive no service, i cant activate my TV.

To date, I've received 2 hubs, but the red light is all i get on the Hub 4 which is what i have. When i go into the settings, it's always been No RF signal detected. 6 different technicians seem to have come and gone, 4 of whom never called me, just came said there's a new problem and disappeared.

Responses i don't want to hear because i've tried them over 50 times each:

- Check if your cables are firmly connected

- Switch off and on the box

- Reset the box

- Call us for activation of the box

- We will send a technician next week

- The technician will visit tomorrow as today's appointment has been rescheduled (without my knowledge or being informed)

Responses i would like to hear:

- We will escalate this to somebody who actually has authority and can prioritise a customer willing to pay £99/month for 18 months, but after 3 months, is still waiting

- We will fix this on so and so date

- You will be refunded the £163 that has been direct debited because you haven't received any services, so you shouldn't be charged

9 calls and false promises + lies later, I am wary i will ever receive Virgin Media services.

Thank you,

Abhi

12 REPLIES 12

Jonny-M
Fibre optic

If your Virgin services haven't started yet then I don't think you're actually in contract with them, as the T&Cs make references to a service start date. I would phone your bank and use the Direct Debit guarantee scheme to get that money back.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

how can they be charging you if you are not installed - if they think you have a service thats faulty then you should be getting £8 a day compensation

will flag to VM for some input

Tony.
Sacked VIP

I am in contract with them. Just a whole bunch of different people telling me different thing. The customer service keeps taking notes and adding my latest call notes and complaints to their notes, and this goes nowhere. Why? I have to keepe explaining this problem again and again, and then they add it to more notes.

They can't escalate this, and I can't speak with anybody who is in a position to care.

This is bordering on criminal negligence - 9 calls, i'm currently on the 10th call as i type, it's been 1 hour and 18 mins so far, with the 4th different person on this same call today.

They have all the details, they know i am a "customer", but more aptly, just a signature on the contract because a customer should receive services, or at the very least, serious attention as to why they are not receiving services.

Going to my bank and getting my money back is one thing, but, this is irresponsible behaviour. I am still willing to wait for a solution, but it needs to be looked into by somebody. What baffles me is i have to call everyday and explain it all again, and hope and pray something gets done, but it doesn't, so the cycles restarts every day.

Thanks, Tony.

I am my wits' end as to who to contact now. All this nonsense is going on, while they have taken £163 out of my account already on 16-Jan-22.

Any insights on how to escalate this, who to call, where to call/lodge complaint. Again, I am happy to wait till tomorrow (the customer service team promised me somebody will show up between 13.00-18.00 tomorrow), but, I'm sure any reader can appreciate my skepticism when I am being asked to trust that things will get resolved.

All I can do is call everyday and politely rant about this whole thing again for an hour, be assured that somebody will look into this, and then, bam, nothing. Back to square 1 - while, re-iterating, they have taken my money already and given me nothing in return.

Any insights / suggestions are welcome. Am i entitled to compensation beyond receiving my own money back? 

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Abhi

Attaching screenshots if somebody from VM is interested in understanding this hellish nightmare they've put me through, while, again, TAKING MY MONEY.

Screenshot_20220120-185407_My Virgin Media.jpgScreenshot_20220120-185527_Phone.jpgScreenshot_20220120-185538_Phone.jpgScreenshot_20220120-185607_Phone.jpg

Screenshot_20220120-185407_My Virgin Media~2.jpg

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi aparikh588,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm truly sorry to hear about the frustration you have had with getting this resolved. 

This certainly isn't what we want for any of our customers.

I have been able to locate your account on our side and would like to look into this for you. 

To do so, I will private message you to confirm details and pass data protection. 

^Martin

It's 18.10 on Friday 21 January 2022 - and no change.

No calls from anybody, no response from anybody - the status quo remains unchanged. You've taken my money, given me no services or recourse in return, and I continue twiddling my thumbs - that's 3 months and 5 days and counting now!

@aparikh588 wrote:

It's 18.10 on Friday 21 January 2022 - and no change.

No calls from anybody, no response from anybody - the status quo remains unchanged. You've taken my money, given me no services or recourse in return, and I continue twiddling my thumbs - that's 3 months and 5 days and counting now!

did you get a message from Martin - small envelope top right - if so have you replied

Tony.
Sacked VIP