cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Months Delayed Installation

fabiorei1
Joining in

Hi, I purchased the m200 package late September, with a installation date mid October (sorry cannot remember exact dates), that got cancelled and delayed for a few days later, again got cancelled and delayed for a month later on 16th of November, this surprise surprise got cancelled and a new appointment was made for the 18th of December, just got an email saying extra construction work is required and it will be postponed to 13th of January 2022. What an absolute joke!! And honestly have zero trust/belief that my internet will be installed on the 13th.

I have been on numerous hour calls with the "pre-installation team" with a lot of disconnecting, switching around because no one knows what's happening, and many false promises and guarantees. The way virgin media handle this is shocking, actually cannot believe such appalling customer service exists in 2021 especially with one of the biggest broadband providers around. 

I myself haven't exactly helped the situation as I've cancelled the contract and restarted it out of frustration, which I've read delays the process, but virgin media is the highest speeds I have in my area and after waiting this long i might as well just keep at it. Anyways I'm writing here in the hopes someone could help escalate this case further as I've seen others have had success. I appreciate any help.

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Usual advice to the VM installation woes is this...

Dont bother. Let them play their games and just let the installation play out. You pay nothing (£0) until a VM connection is installed and activated. And even from then (if it gets that far) you have 14 days in which to cancel - again with no costs. Or keep it if you like it in those 14 days

In the meantime, can you connect to OR,Sky, BT etc - or a 4G/5G service - perhaps on a 30-day contract? Three (or Smarty) have a well priced 30 day 4G package.

If so, do it now and just let the VM install run its course. You will pay nothing until VM's service is installed and operational. When it finally happens, you have 14 days in which to cancel it at no cost to yourself and keep the other service. Or, if VM is working to your satisfaction, keep it and cancel the other service (hence better if you took a 30-day contract).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately the cabinet for broadband is full in my area so can't get any open reach providers such as bt or sky, so kinda stuck with virgin media. We've had to purchase unlimited SIM cards, however this is getting quite costly for every individual in the family (as hotspot doesn't really work well on more than 1 device at a time). Ive read the terms and conditions of the automatic compensation scheme and it does state that virgin media can provide unlimited sim if installation is delayed "Virgin Media will use reasonable endeavours to mitigate the impact caused by the absence of the service. This will be via the provision of mobile SIM to provide access to mobile data, voice and text message capability." However when I asked they said I would have to enter a 12 month contract on the SIM card, is that correct? Anyways, yh the plan is just to wait it out, mainly wrote this post incase someone could escalate this and make the process faster. 

ara32
Joining in

Hi! 

We have also been waiting since September for Virgin to connect our internet. We have had delayed installations, awful customer service experience and no communication from them whatsoever. I called every day for around 3 weeks, pretty hard when you're a teacher, and spent painful hours on hold being told the same things 'its scheduled for tomorrow' 'there seems to be an issue with the cable' 'extra work needs to happen it's scheduled and will complete today'. We cancelled after being let down twice, but had to reinstate as unfortunately Virgin are the only fibre provider on our street. I've got some time set aside after Christmas to write a proper complaint to Ofcom as I honestly can't understand how a company can operate in this way. 

Have you had any further luck with your installation? We are now scheduled on the 3rd Jan but I'm holding no hope at all. We have had to hot spot from phones since moving in September. 

Hi, were basically in the exact same situation, super annoying. All I've gotten back is that a person from pre-installation team will contact the area field manager and he will get back to me, if they can solve the issue I can get an earlier date, which most likely isn't going to happen. Also most annoying part is that each time they delay it, they don't delay it by a few days but a whole month, like bt/sky/talktalk all get their customers up and ready in less than 2 weeks. Customer service is terrible, wanted to go with bt but its not available in my area. Anyways ill keep you updated if things progress. 

Hi @fabiorei1, thanks for your post and I'm really sorry to hear of your delayed install - I can fully appreciate your frustrations with this one.

I'm unable to locate your account using your profile information unfortunately, but I'm going to pop you a quick PM and if you could kindly confirm your account details by replying to my PM that would be much appreciated.

Once I get access to your account, I'm going to log a complaint for you and we can work to get this resolved ASAP.

Regards

Tom_W

fabiorei1
Joining in

So its not Jan 10, construction team came to my house and nothing. I spoke to them, they said there are blockages (like every other construction that has come over has said) I've spoken to construction team over the phone and they don't see any issues on their system, and pre-installation team apparently on their system everything's been completed. When I was speaking to the construction guys today, all they said was 'other people have been waiting 6months' ??? like wth is that suppose to make me feel better? 3 times I've now spoken to a construction team outside my house and they all say the same thing there's a blockage' and then leave literally outside for less than 10min. Ok, so instead of sending the same team over once a month for an issue we already know, do something about it! And I understand its not any ones individual fault, its how the company is run that's an issue, but seriously this is just a joke now. Is there anyone who I can actually call to speed up the process? Anything I can do? I know its just going to be delayed another month and still nothing will be done about it. Just fed up now.

Hi @fabiorei1, we truly apologise for this ongoing issue. We can understand the frustration caused and we want to best help. I have been able to locate the account and I can see the appointment was indeed rescheduled by our team due to complications. Have you been able to check your "My orders and appointments" Tab in your my VM account for updates?

I am also aware you have an open complaint raised in regards to this and we will work with you on a resolution for this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @akua, no I haven’t been able to make an account on virgin media for some reason? Apparently internet has to be set up first before you create an account? I haven’t been told about the rescheduled appointment yet… when is it?

Hi fabiorei1
Thank you for reaching back out to us, we are sorry to hear your installation has been put back again, I can see this is regarding construction work require so install can go ahead, I can see you have spoken to us since your last post regarding this.

Regards

Paul.