Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

2nd engineer appointment

Hi

I renewed my contract last week and upgraded to the ultimate oomph bundle which comes with the 2nd v6 box. 

I was told the 2nd box would have to be installed by engineer and an appointment was made for Tuesday 12th May, that was cancelled due to coronavirus, which is absolutely fine but when i rang up i was told engineers are still visiting home and an appointment was made for tomorrow 14th May. 

now when i track my order it says Nan/Nan/nan instead of saying the time and date they were coming like it used to. 

please can someone look into this for me because im not getting much help on the phone 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2nd engineer appointment

2nd boxes were not deemed as essential and weren't being installed.  Not sure if Boris new policy now means virgin are now doing non essential jobs

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yeah i read tgat on the virgin website but the person on the phone didn’t seem aware of that. 

dont get me wrong, I don’t expect an engineer to come out to me, but i just want  my new package activated (faster broadband etc.) as when the engineer appointment gets cancelled they just cancel order and revert me back to my old package. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Deb,

A friend of mine had a similar issue, apparently as someone has stated above, they're not being treated as essential installations at this time, so until the government decide that people will be back in work on a full-time basis, like pre-COVID then, it looks like you're going to be playing the waiting game.

Sorry.

I don't work for Virgin Media, all my opinions are my own.
10 years in IT. Web Developer.
0 Kudos