cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

200m from Virgin cable

BasilF
Joining in

I live on a private road with a dirt access track at the back.  My house is one of 9 on this road but only no 1 (nearest to the public road) has Virgin fibre available.  Who can I speak to to find if there is a way to get Virgin fibre to my (and possibly the other 7) house? Total distance from the public road to the furthest house up the dirt track is 190metres.

1 REPLY 1

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not much hope I’m afraid.

1) Virgin don’t touch Private Roads with a barge pole. It is a legal minefield & very few have ever been cabled.

2) With HFC networks that make up 95% of VMs network 200 metres is the absolute maximum that a serviceable connection can be made from the cabinet.

3) HFC networks were built with a finite number of connections available. So there will be no allocation in the cabinet for the houses in your road except for the one you described which possibly faces the public road where VM has a blanket permission from the council.

Even on a public road, the budget to connect one property equates to digging 7 to 10 metres of tarmac. Any more & it is considered not economically viable.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks