cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 seperate lines in 1 house?

GJP93
Joining in

We have had to move back in with my parents for a little while, but we are both dependant on good internet for both our jobs and hobbies.

My parents have Virgin broadband already but it's slow and they refuse to upgrade. 

Would i be able to get another line into the house in my own name?

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Its not normal but it can be done. It will of course be a lot more expensive than convincing the parents to upgrade. Why do you need them to do that - what package are they on and what activities are you planning that you think will need a different package?

If its essential for your jobs then you might consider getting a VM Business package. These are designed for customers running a business - rather than just occasional WFH on a standard residential package. Installing a Business package alongside an existing residential one is common practice.

A VM person should comment here on whether a second line is possible in a day or so.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @GJP93 

This can be done yes.

I'll send over a private message as i'll need to take some details

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Might be worth investigating the “slow broadband” as well. Faults from the cabinet onward to VMs kit in the house are not detectable unless you report it.

If the issue is due to over-utilisation on the network segment, you will just end up with 2 slow connections.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks