Menu
Mrmick
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

1st supply to outside box

My line was added from the ground box and is visible all along to the house , goes under 1 slab ( that's now cracked down the middle) then hangs away 6 inches from house going into a brown box. So about 10 feet it's just about covered with soil! This should be deeper in my opinion,  I brushed my hand over the loose soil and "hey it's a green cable !" about the thickness of 3 core flex. They're coming to connect my service today but I know they're not going to do anything  with the cable outside. What's more frustrating is they appeared 1 morning about a week ago without me knowing, which disturbed my Daughter who works nights. 

Please let me know this will get sorted, as I get connected today and would like to think I'm getting a professional installation.

Mick.

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1st supply to outside box

the green "cable" isn't a cable, that's green plastic conduit and the actual cable is inside it.
the cable is well protected inside that conduit.
0 Kudos
Mrmick
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but should it be deeper, and will the engineer clip the cable below the box so it doesn't get snagged by a wheel bin etc.

Mick

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

as long as it's covered by some soil then it's fine.
deepness is mostly irrelevant due to the protection of the conduit.

as the installer will be drilling a hole in your external wall to fit the cabling i'm sure you can get him/her to tack the loose cable that is there at the same time as he/she is doing the rest.
0 Kudos
Mrmick
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for quick reply, hopefully the installer will advise best where the cables will go, I have no idea as the box is on the other side of the house. 

Thanks again. 

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

it should be you that decides where the entry point is, based on where you want you equipment.
ie if you are gettting TV then you'll want the entry point ideally to be near to where your TV is, means you have less internal cabling running about the place.

if you are also getting internet then the hub will also connect to the same cabling, so you'd need to think where you want the hub located.
0 Kudos