cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1Gb Upgrade not applied yet.

mike_gain
Knows their stuff

My broadband was upgraded to 1Gb this week as part of the Volt offer to 02/VM customers. The new Hub 4 arrived on Wednesday and I installed without an issue in around 10 minutes.

However it's configuration settings are still showing the Max Traffic Rate upstream and downstream to be the same as it was when I was on 600Mb more than 24 hours after installation.

I've power cycled the Hub several times but there's no change and it is running in modem mode.

I've no speed issues, if anything my router's built in speed test is now slightly faster, peaking at about 670Mb.

I'm just curious how long I should expect to wait before the Hub 4's configuration is updated to reflect my broadband upgrade. I'm assuming I'd see the Max Traffic Rate for both upstream and downstream change when the speed is upgraded.

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should phone VM and get the new config file sent out to your Hub.  It may have been an oversight and you could be waiting ages?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mike_gain
Knows their stuff

Thanks,

Yeah phonecall was my next plan but wanted to check if 48 hours was typically or not.

I have also noticed this after installing my new Hub 4 which was sent as part of the Volt upgrade. I am still on 600 meg but it has only been a few hours so far for me.

Should it happen immediately or is there normally a delay in the upgraded speed file arriving?

Hub randomly rebooted and now is on Gig1 so I'd say you definitely should phone them

Hi mike_gain, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear the correct speed wasn't received at first. 

How are things looking after the weekend? I'm hoping by now the hub has sorted itself out but if not or you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi wisedroid, 

Thanks for commenting on the thread to advise you had the same issue as the OP. I'm glad things have settled for you now and the correct config is in place. If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs