cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14 days while we close existing account - New customer

Nipzy
Joining in

Hi,

We have purchased and exchanged on a new property and are in the process of organising broadband to start for the completion date (also the date we move in). The sellers had a broadband contract with VM, so before making my order I got the following message -

A Virgin Media account already exists at this address, so we will need to delay sending your kit for 14 days while we close this account. 

Due to the current situation, we are working from home and the 14 day delay would push us to look at other providers. Would it be possible to reduce this delay and align it with our completion date? Is there anything the current owners could do to help us out?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there

Thanks for you post.

Please private message me your full address name and postcode and i'll get this sorted for you

You may get another private message from other Virgin Forum members so please let them know that I am dealing with this as you don’t need to send the details over twice. This will cause confusion you see.

Thanks
Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there

Thanks for you post.

Please private message me your full address name and postcode and i'll get this sorted for you

You may get another private message from other Virgin Forum members so please let them know that I am dealing with this as you don’t need to send the details over twice. This will cause confusion you see.

Thanks
Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

*Update*

This is all sorted now with customer and they have been able to place their order.

Thanks

Christy

same situation do you think you could help me please?

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @rollypolly23 

Of course I can help you with this,

I'll pop you a private message so I can take some details.

Thanks

Christy

Hi! My problem is quite similar too. Could you contact me so I can explain the situation?

Many thanks! 

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @Maria_S 

Of course. I'll pop you a private message to take some details and we'll go from there.

Thanks

Christy 

samhardy
Joining in

Hi,

I'm in the same position as the OP, is there a way to expedite the process?

Regards,

Sam

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there

Sure, let me pop over a private message to take some details and we’ll see what we can do for you.

Thanks,

Christy