Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

14 day delay while existing account is closed

Hello.

We will be moving to a new rental property in early December and the property currently has Virgin Media services connected. We will be moving in around a week after the current tenants move out.

I was thinking of signing up to Virgin Media, but when I ran through the sign-up process to see what it entails, I received a message that "A Virgin Media account already exists at this address, so we will need to delay sending your kit for 14 days while we close this account." 

Due to Covid, we are currently working from home and so cannot go without an internet connection.

Will there really be a 14 day delay from the point that the current tenants close their account to getting a connection up and running? If so, I will need to look at an alternate supplier for our broadband. I would have thought that the fact that the current tenants have VM connected at the property would have worked in our favour as there would be no physical installation work required.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 14 day delay while existing account is closed

Hello,

Happy to help you with this.

I'll drop you a private message to take some details and see what we can do to speed this up for you.

Many thanks for your post and welcome to the VM community.

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos