cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 gig broadband upgrade, sent hub 4 instead of hub 5

jonchurchy87
Tuning in

Hi,

Today was supposed to be the day I upgraded from the 500m internet to 1 gig from hub 3 to hub 5.

When the yodel delivery arrived, all that appeared was hub 4, even though in the contract and deal that I was sold was explicitly for hub 5.

I spoke with a customer service agent earlier who said that hub 5 should be with me on Friday and that an email should be sent out confirming this but I have not had anything, just wondering if hub 5 is going to be dispatched at all, or if anybody else had had hub 4 delivered to the instead of hub 5, as I went for the hub 5, as an upgrade from what I currently have

24 REPLIES 24

lauragmail
On our wavelength

I'm in a very similar situation. In December, I ordered an upgrade to hub 5 (from Hub 4), but unfortunately, I received another Hub 4 instead of Hub 5. Then I returned the new Hub 4, and some days later, Virgin deactivated my "old" Hub 4, and I needed to speak with them to re-activated it. Now waiting for a new stock of Hub 5.

Yea I spoke with the customer services person, and they have cancelled the activation of the hub 4 delivered today, so safe to be returned (fingers cross). The customer services did say there are expecting stock of hub 5 on the 26th of January 2023, so will see what happens.

hub 5 for existiing customers aint gonna happen

a engineer told us this week

new customers can get one and fight for it

member of my fam got a hub4 on 1gig-phoned to cancell whole deal as agreement said hub5

they got a hub 5 signed out of depo and delivered

THERE IS NO STOCK COMMING EVEN THOUGH THEY SAY THERE IS

So after two months, today the hub 5 finally arrived, now I can get my full internet speed and was a lot better at activating than the hub4. Just plugged it in and away I go. 👍

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey jonchurchy87, thanks for this update and glad to hear you're happy with your newly fitted hub 5.

Thanks for being patient too, as our low stock availability was causing delays in sending this out.

Please, feel free to pop back here with a new post in case you need more help in the future.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs