cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 gig broadband upgrade, sent hub 4 instead of hub 5

jonchurchy87
Tuning in

Hi,

Today was supposed to be the day I upgraded from the 500m internet to 1 gig from hub 3 to hub 5.

When the yodel delivery arrived, all that appeared was hub 4, even though in the contract and deal that I was sold was explicitly for hub 5.

I spoke with a customer service agent earlier who said that hub 5 should be with me on Friday and that an email should be sent out confirming this but I have not had anything, just wondering if hub 5 is going to be dispatched at all, or if anybody else had had hub 4 delivered to the instead of hub 5, as I went for the hub 5, as an upgrade from what I currently have

24 REPLIES 24

Yeah in modem mode.

Just as an update I have been in-contact with customer services, this morning and they have advised me to activate the hub4 to complete the work order and then within 48 hours an order will be placed for a hub 5 so will see how that goes. 

Hi @jonchurchy87,

Thanks for the update. Let us know when you receive it.

Best wishes

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Ayisha_B wrote:

Hi @jonchurchy87,

Thanks for the update. Let us know when you receive it.

Best wishes

should that be - let us know when you DONT receive it

the famous 48 hours - how often is that phrase used by CS to get customers off the phone and the call marked as solved

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Still waiting for it been advised to use the hub 4 until one arrives, not got an eta on when and if it will come

Just to add to this - I received my upgrade to 1Gb package on Saturday and it contained a Hub 4 even though the contract states I would receive a hub 5. I too want the 2.5Gb port so I can connect to my own router. And yes my only use case for this speed is game downloads.

Contacted support this morning as I’m still within the 14 day cooling off period and was told the same story. No stock and I will be sent a 5 when they do! Again with no ETA

Let’s see when this doesn’t happen and I can’t use the 14 days as a carrot to them

lindseyw
Joining in

Same thing happened to me, upgraded on the proviso that I was sent a hub 5, didn't realise til I'd installed it, it was a 4. Been on to CS before and then after Christmas, the second time I was told there was a shortage of 5's. Feel like I've been mis-sold, was going to try again today but sounds like it will be a waste of yet more time, given no ETAs available. Very frustrating.

So after being advised the that hub 5 would deliver on Friday the 6th Jan, then the 9th today, there is still no sign of even an email from yodel or virgin that delivery is taking place. I have now been advised for the 11th! It is a bit of a joke. I have asked the customer services person for confirmation that this delivery of a hub five actually going to happen, as I have low confidence that it will.

Not sure there is much I can do really

So I had a delivery from yodal today and guess what its another hub 4 that has been sent. Even though all the agents said it would be a hub 5, well, at least that is another device to be returned.

Bit of a shocker that the customer services agents do not know themselves what is going to be sent

@jonchurchy87 wrote:

So I had a delivery from yodal today and guess what its another hub 4 that has been sent. Even though all the agents said it would be a hub 5, well, at least that is another device to be returned.

Bit of a shocker that the customer services agents do not know themselves what is going to be sent

Be careful if you do return this one, you may well find out that in a few days VM will deactivate your current working Hub4 in favour of this latest one.