cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 Gig Upgrade?

2oldtorocknroll
Tuning in

I had an email which suggested 1 Gig is available in my area. I entered my postcode and sure enough it is available. The package offered does not include a landline and does not seem to allow to upgrade from an existing package. When I logged on to the main site no such upgrade is offered. When is this going to be offered as an extension to existing contracts?

7 REPLIES 7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A 1Gb upgrade is very unlikely to be ever offered as an extension to an existing contract. You will have to take out a new 18 month contract.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Seems to be for new customers only although if so why send me the email? I would want to keep my landline and the current offer is with no landline.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I “upgraded” my 600 connection to 1G some time ago and was able to re-negotiate a new contract that was actually £25 per month less.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi @2oldtorocknroll,

Thank you for your posts, and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

If you're looking to discuss upgrade offers then I would recommend reaching out to our retentions department, who you can contact by calling 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline). They can then outline your options for you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

sophist
Trouble shooter

@Zach_R wrote:

Hi @2oldtorocknroll,

Thank you for your posts, and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

If you're looking to discuss upgrade offers then I would recommend reaching out to our retentions department, who you can contact by calling 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline). They can then outline your options for you.

Thanks,

exactly this.

I had hte same email on thursday last week - i tried to sign up for it using hte live chat, but because i wanted to make some additional changes to my packages they were unable to help me and advised me to call through to retentions - i did and had hte gig package with the other bits and pieces i wanted sorted within about 10 minutes. obviously means a new 18 month term, but it was vey easy/straightforward to arrange.  

Thanks everybody. Went through retentions and all sorted out.

Hi @2oldtorocknroll thanks for getting back to us.

I hope your upgrade is working well for you, if it has indeed been completed. Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R