Menu
izzy110
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

wired connection loss

Hi, am currently having problems with super hub 2 wired connection to tv. Tv keeps saying wired not connected and then when connected keeps flashing between connected and not connected.

Lost tv completely earlier from tivo box, was stuck on starting up page, has now sorted itself out but wired connection to tv still not working

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: wired connection loss

Have you tried replacing the Cat5e/6a ethernet cable ? They do sometimes "fail". Also try a different Hub port.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
izzy110
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for reply. havn't tried replacing ethernet cable yet. trouble is my router is in the front room and i have a long cable under the floorboards to the back room main tv. At the same time my wifi kept dropping out. wifi now working on laptop and phone but tv hard wiring not. Have 2 wired connections to tv's and both not connecting. Was suspecting superhub 2 problem

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If wifi is working and connecting you to the Net then you know there is no networking problem. So either the cabling has failed or the ethernet port(s) on the Hub are failing. You need to test this by plugging your laptop into the Hub directly with a new Cat5e/6a cable and seeing if it connects to the Net ok - on all ports - if it does you know its not the Hub its your cables.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
izzy110
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Also, as mentioned in earlier post tivo box went down this morning saying no connection. when reebooting tivo box it was stuck on starting up screen. took about 30 mins before tivo would start up. 

0 Kudos
izzy110
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

wont be able to try your suggestions till tonight so will let you know how i get on. thanks for help

0 Kudos