Menu
gfitz1978
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

will I ever get cable...?

I live in between 2 villages (1 mile either way) that have virgin media. My village has the worst internet going. I only have 3.5mbps on FIBRE. How do you find out future development plans for cable?

I registered about 2 years ago for cable my street and have never received any comms so I'm guessing it doesn't look good!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: will I ever get cable...?

the forum staff can check if there is any planned work, as for getting the area cabled can depend on major factors like cost, planning, connecting to the regional distribution network (big cost).. there is currently around a weeks wait for a reply

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@gfitz1978 wrote:

I live in between 2 villages (1 mile either way) that have virgin media. My village has the worst internet going. I only have 3.5mbps on FIBRE. How do you find out future development plans for cable?

I registered about 2 years ago for cable my street and have never received any comms so I'm guessing it doesn't look good!

if i was to make a guess i'd say your chances are between zero and zilch.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi gfitz1978,
Welcome to the forums, pop your postcode in the postcode box at the top of the page here https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband.html
If broadband services are not available there will be a form to fill in which will go to ac team who will keep you updated on the services available in your area.
All the best
Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
gfitz1978
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi emma,

thank you for your reply,

You will see from my post that I have previously completed this process. I have never received any updates in the 2 years I have registered.

Best wishes

Graeme

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not going to happen if you already have a fibre connection - which you say you have ? BT fibre - I assume - so how come you only get 3.5mbps?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
gfitz1978
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm 2.6km from the cabinet I'm connected to (and literally the end of the line). There is further 3km to the exchange...

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@gfitz1978 wrote:

I'm 2.6km from the cabinet I'm connected to (and literally the end of the line). There is further 3km to the exchange...

Blimey - you ever considered moving to civilisation Smiley Happy 

Sorry !  But this is exactly why VM wont be coming - too isolated to be financially beneficial to them.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos