Menu
reiver1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

wifi stopped working after remote reset

My wifi has been working fine until my husband called technical help about another issue, they did a remote reset, when we got home all wifi was out, could not connect phones, computer or laptop, it was working fine until the reset, after hours on the phone just told wait for a new router and if that doesn't work then will have to work through more things!! when we said not happy about the wait and no wifi etc we where put through to cancellations!!

Went through it all with them and again nothing sorted, so now left waiting!!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: wifi stopped working after remote reset

What Hub model is it Hub3 I assume. Switch it off for 5 minutes then on and see what the Hub lights are doing and report back. Als,o if it still isn't working can you check on a pc/laptop connected to the Hub by ethernet cable whether that is connected.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can you connect via ethernet cables.

If a Factory Reset was done by the "support" team then all Wifi passwords\SSIDs would have been reset to their default values printed on the Hub.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hmmmmm - start with the basics - had you set your own ssid names and passwords on the wifi - if you had a remote reset or any kind of reset would have set them back to default

if you had not then log into hub and check wifi is turned on

finally for now if non of that works do a full reset - hold the button a good 30 sec dont guess time it and add a bit

Tony
0 Kudos