Menu
sjb2371
Dialled in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

wifi printer wont connect to new virgin hub 3

Hi there.

To cut a long story short, my printer (Epson XP-432) refuses to connect to my newly installed Super Hub 3. 

Worked fine yesterday with my old SuperHub, but now the printer says the signal is weak... It's 3cm away from the Hub! Smiley Sad 

0 Kudos
sjb2371
Dialled in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: wifi printer wont connect to new virgin hub 3

The printer straight away can 'see' my Hub name. I type in my password, but it won't have it..

PC runs great on Wifi, so does my Nvida Shield, but this printer.... Pffft!  

0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You could try giving the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wireless networks different names in the Hub's GUI.

Some devices can gey confused when presented the samenetwork on two different frequency bands.

sjb2371
Dialled in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Griffin, thanks for the reply. 

How do i do this please? I can get into the setting, but changing the names... 

0 Kudos
sjb2371
Dialled in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Oh... It's ok I've found it! 

Wish me luck!

0 Kudos
sjb2371
Dialled in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No.. It didn't work. 

Never mind. Smiley Sad 

0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You could check that the printer;s drivers are up to date.

Have you tried setting up the printer's wireless connection using WPS?

What encryption setting is the Hub set to?

0 Kudos
sjb2371
Dialled in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Right, first off i've got it working by turning off 5Ghz! I'm thinking the printer has had a hissy with the 5Ghz on.. I'd like 5Ghz on for my PC and Nvidia shield! 

Drivers are up to date.

I tried the WPS button. No luck when i tried that. 

Do you mean WPA2-PSK? :/ 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
itekweni1
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Since I self installed this Superhub 3  on Monday plenty of thing changed websites and especially my works email address cannot be accessed and all VM support do is shrug there shoulder and say nothing they can do even though all of this worked on old superhub 2 and have the cheek to say get my companies IT department to sort it. 

Last night I wanted to use my wireless printer only to find it does not work and I have tried everything to get it reconnected and have now formed the opinion that this hub is a piece of rubbish not fit for purpose and so have spent £134.00 on a getting wifi router because after reading universal posts on net about the superhub 3 and its problems this is the only way to go and hope it works and if not after a long time customer I will have to try another provider.

Virginmedia should look after existing customer and try and solve problem rather than telling them to take it or leave it and please give customers the option to talk to someone who understand your language and converse with you rather than from a printed script in front of them.

So if you having wifi problems on your existing hub best to put up with it because if you upgrade to superhub 3 you will only be getting problems with plenty of headaches that cannot be solved.

0 Kudos
sjb2371
Dialled in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this... But it's been the same thing for me lately with Virginmedia. I won't tell you about the new sim card in my phone, you had to find a website, manually set up the settings etc.. You should just put in the card and it should just work! 

Anyway back to the SuperHub3 I had no choice. I had a old hub which i've had for years and the i had two of those new Tivo boxes installed. 

I was trouble from the minute i tried to connect my devices to the Wi-Fi, but the printer has been a nightmare. 

I solved it by changing the names of the 2Ghz and 5Ghz, then turning off the 5Ghz setting, then turning the 5Ghz setting back on once the printer was finally set up and working! 

They really should test out their products before they push them on to us. If you have a technical mind you just about get by with it all, but what about the average man and woman in the street. It's not acceptable and they should sort it!