cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi pods

dudley1uk
Tuning in

I am currently experience little to no wifi in my sons bedroom. Everywhere in the house is perfect apart from that room. I have been advised that wifi pods are the way ahead and that I will be eligible to free ones?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bitsandpcs
Fibre optic
If you have the top VM internet package or have a Volt package then they are free I believe else they are £5 per month each to rent.
If you are able to get them for free then you can have upto three pods if you need them.

Quickest way to get them is to call VM else wait for a MOD to help.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

bitsandpcs
Fibre optic
If you have the top VM internet package or have a Volt package then they are free I believe else they are £5 per month each to rent.
If you are able to get them for free then you can have upto three pods if you need them.

Quickest way to get them is to call VM else wait for a MOD to help.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi dudley1uk, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue with your WiFi connection in your son's bedroom. 

There are so many things that can influence a WiFi connection some of which include but are not limited to, a fish tank being in the same room, walls being built with concrete instead of brick, it could even be that your next door neighbours router is interfering with yours. Due to this, we are only able to offer limited help. Please have a look here: WiFi Help

The Hub's location could also be causing the coverage problem so we do need to check the positioning of it. Can you please ensure the following: 

• Out in the open
  • Next to the TV not behind it
  • Away from large bodies of water (e.g. fish tanks)
  • Away from baby monitors and cordless phones
  • Away from microwaves

Think of the Hub as a radio, and WiFi as the sound - the further away you are from the radio, or the more obstacles that are in the way (walls, electronic devices etc.), the quieter the radio & the poorer the WiFi. 
If that doesn't help, as you have the Hub 3, you can download our Connect App which will allow you to scan areas of your home and will offer help. You can view more information on that by clicking here

In terms of the WiFi pods, these can help but as mentioned above these are only free if you are on a Volt package or on the 1GB speed service. For anyone else they are charged at £5 per month. If you would like to add this service, pop back and let us know and we can move forward with your order. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for getting back to me. I can confirm I am on a volt package. 

Hey @dudley1uk, thanks for the reply.

No problem, we can get the Wi-Fi pods sent out.
I will send you an invite to a private message to get them sent out to you - watch out for the purple envelope 🙂

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @dudley1uk, thank you for chatting with us today.

I'm glad that we were able to come to an agreement and get you what you wanted and more!

As always, reach out to us if you ever need anything and stay safe during this hot weather 🙂

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

I am still experiencing problems with my wifi in two rooms in the house. They are my sons rooms and they are gamers. Would it be possible to send me out the other two wifi pods I am entitled to, please?

We would have to analyse your service first and then issue a pod at a time. I will be unable to send both out simultaneously. In this case, I have sent you a private message, please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can. Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there dudley1uk,

Akua is currently out of office so I've assigned this to myself to pick up.

I've dropped you a PM so we can discuss further.

Regards,

Kain