cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi pods

andynic1972
On our wavelength

any idea on when you get wifi pods i ordered jan for black spot upstairs as new customer on oooomph but havent heard anything since as sons computer room keeps dropping out 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I don't believe anybody at VM will say.  Lord knows that the company are playing at (other than rubbishing their own reputation) but supply of both pods and hubs has been a severe problem for at least two months now.  I'm sure that some corporate weasel in senior management is blaming Covid, or other extraneous circumstances, but the reality is that to be short of core business hardware in this way, and to have staff pulling old hubs out of the recycling skip to send to customers smacks of world class amateurism. 

However, there's more chance of a politician putting their hand up and taking accountability than there is of VM admitting fault.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Andy,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you still haven't received your pod for your Sons room.

I have managed to locate your account and can see you still do not have them, they weren't available in January due to stock levels however Im can now arrange this for you, so I can help I will invite you into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I don't believe anybody at VM will say.  Lord knows that the company are playing at (other than rubbishing their own reputation) but supply of both pods and hubs has been a severe problem for at least two months now.  I'm sure that some corporate weasel in senior management is blaming Covid, or other extraneous circumstances, but the reality is that to be short of core business hardware in this way, and to have staff pulling old hubs out of the recycling skip to send to customers smacks of world class amateurism. 

However, there's more chance of a politician putting their hand up and taking accountability than there is of VM admitting fault.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Andy,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you still haven't received your pod for your Sons room.

I have managed to locate your account and can see you still do not have them, they weren't available in January due to stock levels however Im can now arrange this for you, so I can help I will invite you into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

andynic1972
On our wavelength

Any idea when pods are back in stock as back bedroom keeps dropping out nightmare when watching footy 🤣🤣

The WiFi pods for downstairs is working a treat just need the back bedroom sorted now and that's me all sorted as had to do the same with bt and there WiFi  discs any idea when I can get a pod for upstairs please 

Cheers andrew 

I have intelligent wifi and got one pod with my previous 500GB supply level. I was told I would receive a second pod on 26 August last.  Still not arrived so I called CS and I am told yet another is on the way and it seems the previous one was never sent so chase 'em.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Pods are back in stock (ignore the website) - note they are only "free" to customers on 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages - is that you?

If not.... you will be charged £5/month. Its a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever.

Get either a…

(1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) Powerline adapters, (5) A combination of (2,3,4)).

£40-100 should sort it for most customers with average usage in "normal" properties

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @andynic1972

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the Wi-Fi upstairs, I can happily arrange for an additional pod to be added for you. 

I'm going to send you a PM so we can get this sorted. 

Please look out for a notification in the purple envelope located in the top right hand corner of your screen. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

ok much appreciated clicked on the notification but just takes me back to this message lol 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @andynic1972,

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I can see that  @jbrennand has supplied you with the correct information about the Pods, has this helped answer your question?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide