got a new pod sent out but still doesnt connect

where do i go now

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @B1gbob 

Have you changed anything on your hub?

The pods only work under certain conditions.

Keep your Hub in Router Mode - Do not put the Hub into Modem Mode, as this disables the Wi-Fi and your Pods are connecting to your Hub via Wi-Fi. Likewise, if you use a third-party router it will not work because the Pods are designed to specifically connect directly with VM's Hubs only.

Do not split the SSID – If the SSID is split then the hub treats the two bands as two different standalone networks (the same as picking up your neighbours Wi-Fi when you search for a network). The Smart Wi-Fi cannot move a device between different networks.

Do not disable either bands – If both bands (2.4GHz and 5Ghz) are not switched on then the software cannot move the device for optimisation, which essentially disables the Smart Wi-Fi.

You should also ensure that Chanel Optimisation is enabled in your hub settings.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

no nothing has been changed, just woke up on wednesday morning and all three pods were flashing

now cannot get any sense from web chat or phone call despite holding a nd waiting for over 4 hours

Hello B1gbob

Sorry to hear of the issues with your connection and Pod's, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community. 

From checking we can see there is currently an issue in the area regarding SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) which may explain the issues. This is logged under ref F010426816 with and estimated fix time of 13th February at 9am.

We appreciate this is frustrating and apologise for the inconvenience, the engineers are aware and working to resolve this as quickly as possible.

Rob

thanks for looking into this.

it now appears to be fixed as the pods reconnected to the hub this afternoon.

i had another post closed but this was a question to find out what other pods in the Glasgow area had stopped working, not to resolve this issue any quicker.

thanks again for your time looking into the fault, hopefully everything will now settle down and work as intended