cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi pods in modem mode

elvedhel
On our wavelength

well after waiting a year for wifi pods and being told multplie times when i have stated i use the hub 4 in modem mode through a netgear nighthawk RAX 20 Wifi 6 router the pods finally arrived, plug them in flashing white light, stays like that do some checking and lo and behold they dont work in modem mode !

shows how much tech and CS actually listen when you talk to them on the phone multiple times.. also seems theres a hub 5 due soon which should support wifi 6  but no doubt will still be poor wifi, guess i will have to stick to the nighthawk then.. anyone want a pod !

4 REPLIES 4

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
So you wanted a pod?

Yes they don't work in modem mode
---------------------------------------------------------------

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Why did you ask for/accept the offer of the pods knowing they don’t work in modem mode?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

read what i stated, i asked multiple times if they worked in modem mode over past year and was told yes.. at the time i applied for them i didnt have the nighthawk router and only purchased that recently as got few up waiting and hoped it would give better wifi than the hub 3, then when i upgraded to hub 4 in decemeber thats when they said they now had the pods, and yet again i asked if they worked in modem mode and was told yes.

you really should read the post before you engage in threads

@elvedhel wrote:

read what i stated, i asked multiple times if they worked in modem mode over past year and was told yes.. at the time i applied for them i didnt have the nighthawk router and only purchased that recently as got few up waiting and hoped it would give better wifi than the hub 3, then when i upgraded to hub 4 in decemeber thats when they said they now had the pods, and yet again i asked if they worked in modem mode and was told yes.

you really should read the post before you engage in threads

Alright. Likewise if you read other posts and wikis for the pods it states they only work on router mode. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi