cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi is so bad

cashhhhhhhh
Tuning in

here i am again for 3rd time asking if anyone can fix my stupid wifi constantly lagging out randomly just stops me from playing any online game whilst playing forcing me to be stood still until it reconnect this happens daily and has done it since the day we got the wifi even virgin media engineers dont know whats up with my wifi how can this happen. in the clip you can see where im moving about then then it lags and im standing still and i cant move 

49 REPLIES 49

they changed all cables and router still same issue 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi cashhhhhhhh

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I have checked things from our side and in comparison to the last time I posted to the thread, things are looking much improved from our side. 

Can you please expand on what is happening at your end as the report we have is live? 

Thank you 

Nat

basically ill be playing and online game and when the wifi goes it kicks me out the game but then comes back a few mintues after this is very frustrating im changing wifi soon anyway virgin seem to no nothing on how to fix there own problems what a joke 

cashhhhhhhh_0-1654868515884.png

i cant wait to get of this piece of sh*t wifi i mean really look at that speed

please watch this video this is what i deal with all day and the disconnects https://youtu.be/78bYRKKySmw

Hi cashhhhhhhh, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

We can only apologise that this is still ongoing for you. As this is happening via WiFi, we can only assume this is an environmental issue. 

Everything has been checked and rechecked at this end as well as engineer visits and as mentioned by Nat above, all is fine from this end. 

When the game is disconnecting, is the WiFi dropping on other devices too or only the device you're playing on?

Let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

its every device in the house it cuts out for about 5 to ten seconds then comes back but upload then goes really terrible 

I feel your pain.....I have the exact same issue with my wi-fi.....

wired connections work perfect......

even invested in a Nova mesh network to improve signal alover the house & still this constant dropping off on devices during use on wifi, on my iphone, on ipad, on laptop, on other peoples phones who visit......

just comes & goes all the time, have done multiple resets, tests & had engineers round but still rubbish on wifi ,,,,,,

had this Hub 3 for a few years now so would've thought I'd be due an upgrade or replacement...??!!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @cashhhhhhhh,

Thank you for coming back and keeping us updated on your WiFi issue. I do apologise that this is still impacting you.

I have ran some further checks on your power levels and they are within spec. I can see that you got in touch with our team about this connection again. Can you tell us if this helped?

Please let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Hi @johnnythered100,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your WiFi connection! We understand how frustrating this can be. 

When was the most recent engineer appointment you had? What did the technician advise about the issue?

Have you been able to take a look at our WiFi Faults page and our Intelligent WiFi Pods page to see if these can help improve your WiFi connection?

After running some checks on our system, I can see that your upstream and downstream power levels are showing some issues. In order to have this problem resolved, we would need to arrange for a technician appointment. I will send you a Private Message to confirm some details and arrange this for you. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team