cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi hub electronics cannot find it

kakoroto
Joining in

been having a problem with the wifi hub kids phones and pc cannot find the hub while my phone and the xbox and ps4 can i have reset the hub and nothing changes we have to use an external wifi extender for the other electronics but the wifi keeps droping out now and again too

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What Hub model do you have (on the base sticker)?

What wifi extender are you using?

Can you connect the PC via an ethernet cagble to see whether that maintains a network connection when the wifi ones drop out?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi kakoroto, thanks for your post - welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with WiFi. If it's WiFi specifically you're having problems with and things seem ok via a wired connection - have a look at the troubleshooting tips here (virg.in/WiFiwins). 

Which WiFi extender are you using? You may be eligible for free WiFi Pods depending on what package you're on (more on this here: https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/intelligent-wifi-pods-new)

I wasn't able to run further checks using your forum info alone on this occasion, if none of the above helps please get back to me via PM and we'll be able to take a closer look into it for you.

Tom 

Hi its a hub 3.0 we have had problems with it before anything plugged in with an either et cable is fine my new phone cannot find it so most of the technology is connected to a net gear WiFi extender and that loses the connection sometimes

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @kakoroto

Thank you for this information.

Have you tried splitting the 2.4 and the 5.00 connection up? This might be able to help with what you are trying to connect to, also using your wired connection on game consoles. 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide