cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi extender

metalguru
On our wavelength

Been sent a VM plug in WiFi extender. Doesn't connect to Hub 5 and can't use the Connect app as it won't recognise my Hub5. Is that it then? Just a useless plug that flashes constantly now?

10 REPLIES 10

Client62
Hero

The extender may require the Hub 5 be using the default shared SSID.

It is

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are you trying to set it up, close to the Hub first ?

Also - See message 5 in this thread for how to connect Pods

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/WiFi-boosters-needed/m-p/5122436#M497217

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tried next to router with all settings as they should be.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
It may not have been activated properly yet on your account. So call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you may need the serial numbers/MAC addresses off the barcode stickers and also your account number

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

If you're talking about the Hub 5. I've had this for over a year

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No - the Pod - they have to be activated onto your account - otherwise - for example -  eBay bought kit would work - it doesnt

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hi @metalguru 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with your WiFi pod.

We want to best help. How was your WiFi pod ordered with our team? Did you try setting it up as seen here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/booster-and-wi-fi-pods ?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

metalguru
On our wavelength

It was provided through a staff account. Tried every way to set it up and doesn't work