Menu
Lutos
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

wifi dropping out

Hello, I've been experiencing connection drops lately. Out of no where I lose my connection and after a few minutes it restores back, anyone help please.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: wifi dropping out

you haven't said....

Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What Hub is it and what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Lutos
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

it affects wifi and ethernet and I think green lights is shown when this happens

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Might be a connection issue then. Have you checked first for “known network faults” As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - national rate) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) gives the best chance of getting through quickly.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Also, set up a 'Broadband Quality Monitor'. This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc - You can do this at ThinkBroadband (https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Lutos
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

They didn't find anything and they suggested me to upgrade my plan...

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Not again - what a ridiculous suggestion by CS!

C'mon VM - Please stop your CS agents from trying to solve connection problems with speed increases - a bad connection will just have a bigger speed problem!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Lutos
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Dunno what to do now

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Post up your link to teh BQM "share live graph".

Just checking again - when the wifi connections drop out - what ethernet connected devices do you have - and do they retain network connection at the same time - or do they all drop out too?

And what colour is the Hub base power light and is it flasing or not - similarly the wifi lights?

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Lutos

Sorry you have been having issues with your services

It might be best to hang fire on the BQM as we have identified the cause

Your area has an SNR issue and is due to be fixed tomorrow 21/04/2021 

This will be the reason your WIFI drops out 

If you see how it is and if its no better Thursday, then we can chase it up again for you 

Just pop back on here and quite this Ticket Number F008962264  

Sorry again, We will have this fixed as soon as we can 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos