Menu
gh22
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

wifi cutting out on S7 Edge

The Wifi on my samsung galaxy s7 edge keeps cutting out - I have a superhub 3 and after a few minutes an exclaimation mark appears next to the wifi symbol on my phone and the wifi on the device stops working. If I disconnect and reconnect the Wifi on my phone it works again for a while before the same exclaimation mark appears again. It's so annoying!

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: wifi cutting out on S7 Edge

You could try splitting the SSID's for 2.4G and 5G in the hub and disbale Smart Wifi thing setting.

But if all that don't work you can get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports and put the hub in modem mode.

0 Kudos
Liger
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Are other wifi devices staying connected ok? I had the exact same issue as you with the same phone and it turned out to be the phone at fault. My sister in law was the same. Not sure if some sort of update caused issues with the S7's wifi. 

0 Kudos
gh22
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yea seems to be just my s7 edge and not other devices 😕

0 Kudos
gh22
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Did you manage to fix it?

0 Kudos
Liger
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I didn't no, I ended up having to upgrade to the Samsung S10. Not sure if you can maybe roll back to an older version of Android or just even an earlier revision of the current software. Mine seemed to work fine up until a particular software update, unfortunately, I cannot remember which one it was.

0 Kudos