Menu
savik2
Up to speed
Message 21 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: wifi consistently dropping wifi super hub 2

I've noticed a lot of similar reports for both the Superhub 2 and Superhub 3.  I noticed the problem started right after I'd installed the Virgin Media Wifi app on my phone and tablet.  Makes me wonder whether the app is constantly scanning around for Virgin signals in the background, even when at home and well within range of my own Hub.  I have a hunch that the app is getting confused, because both my neighbours have Virgin Wifi as well, and the app might be trying to piggyback off their signal instead of remaining properly connected to mine.

0 Kudos
PascalG
Joining in
Message 22 of 27
Flag for a moderator

I have been having the same problems for weeks. Reset all and checked. Chat to Virgin this morning, with stock answer : Problems in the area will be sorted the 26/09. Brilliant. Issue with IOs and Android devices. Using SH 2. No problems with wired connections. No problems reported in area on the status page. Looks like SH2 need replacing.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 23 of 27
Flag for a moderator

@savik2 wrote:

I've noticed a lot of similar reports for both the Superhub 2 and Superhub 3.  I noticed the problem started right after I'd installed the Virgin Media Wifi app on my phone and tablet.  Makes me wonder whether the app is constantly scanning around for Virgin signals in the background, even when at home and well within range of my own Hub.  I have a hunch that the app is getting confused, because both my neighbours have Virgin Wifi as well, and the app might be trying to piggyback off their signal instead of remaining properly connected to mine.

Are your devices iPhones and iPads on 11.4.1 by any chance ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
stevio11
On our wavelength
Message 24 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Also having this problem in B31 area, have to reboot my box at least 1-2 times a day and really thinking about going to sky, surely Virgin can sort this out

0 Kudos
savik2
Up to speed
Message 25 of 27
Flag for a moderator

My devices are all Android.  Laptop is Windows 7. 

0 Kudos
stevel72
Joining in
Message 26 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Had a replacement hub and still getting drops VERY regularly now

steve

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Samantha_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 27 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve,

Thanks for posting back here and apologies you are still having the same issue.

Looking at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine with no errors.

As this is an issue with the wireless connection, take a look at this link for hints and tips to improve the connection > Getting the best WiFi Signal.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos