cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi connected, but no internet

TEMPESTWILL
Tuning in

Hi,

Having an issue with some wireless devices saying they are connected but have no internet access whilst having a mostly full signal. for instance, my phone and pc will both be on wifi in the same room, but my pc will say no internet access whilst my phone is working. I have run a cable through my house and switched my PC to a wired connection and this no longer has any issues, but any wifi devices randomly drop onto connected but no internet daily and this is only fixed by resetting the wifi connection.

I have spoken to customer services but every time the operator tries a few things then pass me to a new operator and I have to start all over again asking me to reset it and try wired connections etc which is driving me crazy.I

have used the online test and no issues where found, I have also factory reset the router but this made no difference.

Could it be my hub is faulty? 

Many thanks for reading this

Will

145 REPLIES 145

Ummaarah
Joining in

Can someone please contact me.

I have tried to phone several times and been put on hold for longer than 45mins.

I have had no Internet for two days now and I need it as soon as possible.

Thank you

@Ummaarah wrote:

Can someone please contact me.

I have tried to phone several times and been put on hold for longer than 45mins.

I have had no Internet for two days now and I need it as soon as possible.

Thank you

You need to start your own thread 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Supercam
Joining in

Having been a long serving loyal customer I am now at the point of putting my Virgin gear outside and moving my contract even though I just extended my current contract, legally if you wish to hold someone to contract you need to supply a service. 

my  Wifi shows full signal but constantly drops out, from 200 Meg to zero in seconds, ookla test shows connected to Nottingham then Wolverhampton then no connection.

constantly having to reboot, ten hours waiting for someone to answer at Virgin customer services who are hiding behind COVID-19 as an excuse for diabolical customer service.

TEMPESTWILL
Tuning in

can an admin close this thread please, my issue was resolved within a day, 12 months later I'm still getting notifications from people complaining about various unrelated issues.

@Supercam wrote:

Having been a long serving loyal customer I am now at the point of putting my Virgin gear outside and moving my contract even though I just extended my current contract, legally if you wish to hold someone to contract you need to supply a service. 

my  Wifi shows full signal but constantly drops out, from 200 Meg to zero in seconds, ookla test shows connected to Nottingham then Wolverhampton then no connection.

constantly having to reboot, ten hours waiting for someone to answer at Virgin customer services who are hiding behind COVID-19 as an excuse for diabolical customer service.

Start your own thread for assistance 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

@TEMPESTWILL wrote:

can an admin close this thread please, my issue was resolved within a day, 12 months later I'm still getting notifications from people complaining about various unrelated issues.

Threads aren’t normally closed. You can disable post notifications though. 

I have the same issue as this with my hub 3 which was installed this February. 
I have rang Virgin many times but they have not addressed the issue. Very strange as my old hub 2 only developed problems when it became old. I assume I will also require a technician to address this issue but have never been offered this on the many times I have phoned virgin media. They just keep trying to sell me WiFi pods and then say they don’t have the stock?

I think the hub3 is just a bit rubbish. After numerous issues I gave up with virgin, switched the hub to modem mode and spent a fortune on a TPlink deco mesh WiFi system. I’ve had no problems since installing this a few months ago

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @NRW3

Thanks for joining in and reporting this to us. 

Sorry to hear you're having these issues. 

Does this occur on all devices? Does it also happen at the same time? 

Have you tried to "forget the network" and then tried to reconnect? 

Are you still getting this issue? 

Thanks. 

Sasha 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

On devices that are moved around the house.

Yes I have forgotten the network and put it back on which then addresses the issue until it happens again