cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi connected, but no internet

TEMPESTWILL
Tuning in

Hi,

Having an issue with some wireless devices saying they are connected but have no internet access whilst having a mostly full signal. for instance, my phone and pc will both be on wifi in the same room, but my pc will say no internet access whilst my phone is working. I have run a cable through my house and switched my PC to a wired connection and this no longer has any issues, but any wifi devices randomly drop onto connected but no internet daily and this is only fixed by resetting the wifi connection.

I have spoken to customer services but every time the operator tries a few things then pass me to a new operator and I have to start all over again asking me to reset it and try wired connections etc which is driving me crazy.I

have used the online test and no issues where found, I have also factory reset the router but this made no difference.

Could it be my hub is faulty? 

Many thanks for reading this

Will

144 REPLIES 144

I have no idea how to do this I don’t have any cables 

You would have received a wired Ethernet cable when you had either a engineer install or it would have been in the equipment received for a self install. Ethernet cables look like this

Have you got a PC or computer you can do a speedtest on? Find out more here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

No I don’t have the cable or a computer to do the test on. I’m connected to the WiFi but not the internet my tv’s don’t come on for hours at a time. Can you send an engineer out? 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us, I am going to drop you a PM so that we can take a further look into this. 

Kind Regards 

Zak_M

Every time i ring I get cut off because I can’t get a signal on my phone! Iv tried email txt message and community and I’m not getting any further with this issue it needs sorting out it’s been going on for 8 weeks now! 

I have a similar issue (Wifi Connected but many devices showing "No Internet" message intermittentently) and based on all the forum post it appears that HUB is faulty. Is it possible to to get a HUB replacement without an engineer visit ?

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post Raks_b and welcome to our community.

We can see there's currently a known area fault which may be affecting your services, I'll include the information on this below for you.

Reference: F008327068

Estimated repair time: 19 AUG 2020 17:15

You may be able to see an update in regards to this on our service status page, although it may not show if this is only affecting a small area.

If this is the case you can quote the above reference to any of our team for further update following the estimated fix time.

Thanks, Emily.

We have wifi which is fine for my android, my husbands iphone and my sons iphone however, my daughters iphone7 shows its connected but has no internet.   I have reported this to virgin but they just keep telling us to master reset the phone.  We have had the reset done and apple confirm its all working. She can connect to sky broadband.   Im stumped.

I have exactly the same situation... please can you arrange a new hub and engineer I'm not wasting any more time calling

Yessss this worked!!! My smart skinny tv wouldn’t work on any apps as was saying it was connected to WiFi but no access to internet ... after reading this I looked at the time on the tv and it said 5 am so went to settings on the tv.. date and time. Selected network time and it updated and immediately the apps became available. Thanks so much