Menu
flipflop
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

wifi but not ethernet

can someone checks these please can connect by wifi ,but wired desktop and xbox one won't been like this a couple of days nowds.PNGus.PNGnl.PNG

0 Kudos
VMCopperUser
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: wifi but not ethernet

Sadly the logs you posted show more of how well the device is connecting to the core network, and not the actual operation of the unit on the LAN network.

Are all of your wired devices directly connected to the Super Hub 2, or do they connect through another device?

Is there an active link between the SH2 and your wired devices (Ethernet Lights on the actual port(s) for the SH2).  They should hopefully all be green, some may show amber, no lights at all is bad.  These will of course only light up if something is plugged in at both ends and there is an actual link.

If there is no active link then it could mean faulty cables or bad ethernet ports (SuperHub, or Other Devices)... As you have two wired devices then the assumption here would be that the SuperHub port is faulty if neither one can create an active link.

If there Is an active link then it could be a rogue DHCP Server on your network, faulty IP information on your home devices (Like if they use a fixed IP set on the pc/other devices), or that the 4 ports on the SH2 simply no longer communicate with the rest of the SH2 (Faulty SuperHub).

If there is an active link then could you run IPConfig /All and post the following info.. I give mine as an example

Spoiler
To run this you will need to either open a command prompt "Type CMD" or "Powershell"

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.120(Preferred)
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 04 September 2018 10:32:15
   Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 04 September 2018 20:48:49
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
   DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
   DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

With that info we will be looking to see if your DHCP and DNS Server match your SuperHub IP, If first 3 octets of your IPv4 Address Match the first 3 octets of your Superhub (or more to the point, if the IPv4 address issued will work with the router), If you have a rogue/bad DHCP/DNS server.

I am going to rule out Malware being a possible due to the Xbox having issues too.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.

I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos
flipflop
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Desktop and Xbox one and wired straight to the 1st gen superhub ,a few other people seem to be having problems connecting through the ethernet on sh2 and sh3 so theres  definitely something wrong at virgins end, one post has had over 800 views

0 Kudos
VMCopperUser
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Bots scan forums and try to gleam private information, page views are usually not important ;P..

The SH1 is a bit old hat.

Your topic says you have SH2, Is it SH1 or SH2?

*Edit - Sorry, I thought it said SH2.

Can you still look over what I suggested earlier?... And the SH1 should be replaced due to age.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.

I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
flipflop
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

IMG_20180905_065839.jpg

0 Kudos
flipflop
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

when i spoke to the indian guys on monday they said theyd send some new equipment out ,just had a text message to say yodel will be delivering soon ,so i'm guessing it will be sh3 ,but i think the problem lies elsewhere.Also tried the desktop and xbox one this morning and still won't connect ,then put my laptop on and that would'nt connect on wifi i had to restart the router.

0 Kudos
flipflop
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::25a1:472:143c:4cb%14(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.8(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 05 September 2018 06:51:55
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 06 September 2018 06:51:55
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 194.168.4.100
0 Kudos
flipflop
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

the sh3 arrived ,over an hour the green light was flashing so i rung the helpline she booked an appointment for friday .about 5 minutes later the white light on the front appeared and i tried the xbox and desktop and everythings back to normal ,cancelled the appointment ,so the post can be deleted by a moderator if possible
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi flipflop, 

Thanks for advising this has been resolved. 

If you need any further help in the future we will be happy to take a look for you. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos